Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Central PA Fall 2022

Bubbler86

2 hours ago, pawatch said:

In the Teens this morning, 18-19 degrees.

We could use some of this cold for the weekend.

Stove feels pretty good this morning.

we had ours going all weekend.  Was nice.  

yeah this weekend continues to have some challenges.  6Z GFS has primary hangin on too long and screwin up the coastal.  ICON/CMC track doesnt look horrible (but stay as primary, but dont have enough cold in place.  GFS Ens are notably different GEFS says forget about it, and GEPS says hold on slick....  That said, tellies seem to support a better solution, but as we know, things dont always line up like they should. 

One thing I'll add to any that think this a slam dunk...look at last several runs of GFS for next weekend and how notable run to run changes have been.  To me that says, the models are struggling a bit to figure something out....which doesnt help us weather nerds much.  I like the 10,000 ft. view and trying to guess at what could or should happen, and not just what the models show, but maybe thats just me.

Happy short week all.

• Like 1

A mid-winter-like low of 14.7 degrees early this morning.  Normal low for today is 31 and the normal high is 51.  At noon I've warmed back up to 38 on my way to 44.

This morning really was pretty unusual for how low we went so early.  I can remember plenty of years where the first sub-20 low didn't occur until well into December.  I'm not upset by the appearance of a period of moderation later this week into next week.  I still want to enjoy fall for a few more weeks before winter makes its appearance.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, CarlislePaWx said:

A mid-winter-like low of 14.7 degrees early this morning.  Normal low for today is 31 and the normal high is 51.  At noon I've warmed back up to 38 on my way to 44.

This morning really was pretty unusual for how low we went so early.  I can remember plenty of years where the first sub-20 low didn't occur until well into December.  I'm not upset by the appearance of a period of moderation later this week into next week.  I still want to enjoy fall for a few more weeks before winter makes its appearance.

39 here at the office, after a low of 18-20 depending where you are around here.  Not too shabby, but like you, I dont need deep winter cold anymore....just enough to make it snow and at least feel like the time of season.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Trio of 43 degree readings surrounding the Elizabethtown-Mount Joy area on that map perfectly matches my reading at home, and the 44 degree temp southwest of Millersville matches the reading here at work as well. 

You called me getting above you today.    Good call.  My closest official station, HGR, is at 46. 

• Thanks 1