Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Central PA Fall 2022

Bubbler86

29 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

12Z GFS has the week ahead gradually becoming milder (mid to upper 50's Thanksgiving Day) then 2-4" of rain over the weekend.  A bit of a break from threats still seems like the call.  Disappointed that the Thanksgiving weekend threat seems dead. 

Dang OK let’s go December!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bubbler86 said:

12Z GFS has the week ahead gradually becoming milder (mid to upper 50's Thanksgiving Day) then 2-4" of rain over the weekend.  A bit of a break from threats still seems like the call.  Disappointed that the Thanksgiving weekend threat seems dead. 

I’m actually confused on what to pack and wear in NYC wed -fri. A light coat I thought would be ok but now a LL Bean fleece might be too warm.

4 hours ago, pasnownut said:

and like Blizz, I'm not yet ready to give away late weekend chance at some fun for some.  Still enough spread that no solution is close to a lock. 

6z has a better track and thermals gettin better, but still notable run to run disparities, so we have some work to do.  Ens diverge a bit as well, but euro and GEPS at 500 would give better shot a colder solutions.  

Blizz...go get this thing for us. 

The 12z Euro deepens a coastal low right into NYC on Friday night.

This run is good enough to flip North central PA to snow. You might be in a good spot at your cabin on Friday night.

82434EFC-DFD3-459B-ABED-D0AC5045ECC4.png

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

That primary is very weak.

Need the coastal to get going & deepen as soon as possible further south.

If the primary gets to the GL, we are flooded with warm air.  Has to transfer way before that IMO.   The fact that it is AN prior to the storm does us no favors. 

4 hours ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

Yes, the models are correcting back to a strong storm towards the coast, but too far inland at this time.

It’s Probably too late & too warm for most of us, but the final track is not yet written in stone.

agreed.  Thats how I saw it.  Ens didnt help much as well, so window may be narrowing a bit.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Bingo. That is a lights out depiction for us. 

yeah thats not good.  Hard to argue about that.  540's waaayyyy too far north.  IF that coastal can get cranking...and thats a big if....you'd likely see thermals trend better for NE.