Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA Fall 2022

Bubbler86

7 minutes ago, canderson said:

They were huge flakes here - huge, wet, flakes. Driving home from Starbucks at 6 my wife actually said she felt more uncomfortable driving that she has in any run of the mill 2-3" January clipper. Something about the flakes were putting off weird light and reflecting since they were mixed with rain. It was just heavy enough to stick to roads, which still shocks me given how wet it was. 

Do you remember what your temp was at that time?

During the early evening hours it was pouring here - temp was steady between 34.7 and 35.2 during the main slug of rainfall. I'm just curious how "close" my temp was to being snow. 

13 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Do you remember what your temp was at that time?

During the early evening hours it was pouring here - temp was steady between 34.7 and 35.2 during the main slug of rainfall. I'm just curious how "close" my temp was to being snow. 

Car said 34, house gauge was 34 and rose to 36 around 8 when it went to plain rain. I guess a real, real tight thermal window. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I'm interested in how much QPF fell in areas that had snow, or mainly snow. Seems like the higher end amounts were in the 6" or so range, not sure what ratios they had but I had nearly 1.1" of total rainfall. 

My total QPF for the event was 0.64".  Approximately 1" of snow accumulated although it definitely was a little more on the grass...closer to 1.5".  The rest was a combination of sleet and rain.  My temp dropped to 32.4 during the heavy snow and remained at 32.5 for the rest of the event.  It only began to rise a little after the precip stopped.

• Thanks 1