Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Fall 2022

Bubbler86

1 minute ago, MAG5035 said:

Just measured 4.7” with continued moderate to heavy rates. Some sign on radar of mixing trying break into this area from the SW, but the best precip rates are also about to move on from here as well. The damage is done though either way, what a nice snowfall event. 

That’s great Mag!

17 minutes ago, DDweatherman said:

Where exactly is high rock? I grabbed some beers at my spot (country spirits), and they were seeing snow/mix first as always in the highfield-Cascade area - like usual. 

The normal access is to go to Pen Mar Park and keep going up the road.   It is beside Quirauk Mountain.  When you get to near the top there is a guarded area you cannot enter (government) but there is a GREAT view in the public area right there.    From where you are you would take 16 to Blue Ridge Summit, make a left at the main road then go back until you come to a curve going into Cascade/Ft Ritchie and you will see the sign for Pen Mar Park and take a right to head in the correct direction.  

After more than one glorious hour of heavy snow with a temp of 32.4 degrees I have recorded an average of 1.0" of wet snow.  It was coming down pretty good until 15 minutes ago when it appeared to suddenly stop.  I think it might changed to a very light rain.  I'm not hearing any pinging, so no sleet.  Based on what is being reported to my southwest by @Cashtown_Coopand @Bubbler86, it might be changing to rain for good.  It would be great if the rain isn't enough to wash the snow away and there is some white to wake up to tomorrow morning.  That one hour of heavy snow was really enjoyable, and of course a surprise as well.  Temp now back up to 32.5.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

2018 I received 6.7" of snow. 

Tonight, I'm making a run at 1" of liquid gold. 

I do not think you ever thought it was going to snow much in the historic district this time but check out Rou'ville.  About 1/2 of the models, we normally look at had me getting close to WSW snows.  Something that is not being talked about much.  Pretty big bust for those models.  Quick memory is that the Nam and Euro did the best here on this one with the Icon not far behind.  GFS was off its rocker here, CMC was ridiculous as was its baby brother the Rgem.   Here is the GFS from 24 hours ago.  4-6" up in here (not).  Surely some of this can be attributed to elevation and the GFS inability to show that in its smoothed over maps but I do not think even the elevated areas here got much more than a couple inches.   I am at 800 feet and I went up to close to 2000 feet and it was not 4-6". 

image.thumb.png.5e1dbc4da76b758d95073c47ad938731.png

• Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I think MU had a really good call.  Sounds like the capital belt area may have over achieved but he ignored the modeled big snows.    He is still not the number one Elliott though. Lol

Yep, he did well - especially his main focus area which is Lanco.

Not sure how much rain he expected but it is a deluge - going to eclipse the 1" mark shortly.

Hello everyone!

I had a company dinner out in Allentown this evening, so I missed most of the snowfall that hit my yard.

I left Harrisburg for Allentown around 4 pm with a light snow/rain mix falling. There was on & off wet snow/rain the whole way to Allentown. On the way home on I-78, there was mostly rain falling. When I approached Grantville, I could begin to see some snow on the roadside & the tree limbs. The snow that I noticed increased as I reached Harrisburg. By the time that I arrived back home to Marysville, there was just light rain falling. 
The side roads & parking lots in Marysville are still slushy. The trees & grass are snow covered. Some melting & compaction definitely took place since the snow ended.

I am estimating that 1-2 inches of snow fell in Marysville this evening!

I can’t believe that I missed most of the first snow of the year, but it was sure beautiful to come home to see it!96BB9CAB-9B6A-44E3-A163-D3B51BAC01B4.jpeg.5ab573c312e7e9382667c5e90d680270.jpegE646EC77-1C68-44C3-9E06-3D6979957886.jpeg.67aebe72f6bec78e153bc3be8ad680a8.jpeg

2 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

I do not think you ever thought it was going to snow much in the historic district this time but check out Rou'ville.  About 1/2 of the models, we normally look at had me getting close to WSW snows.  Something that is not being talked about much.  Pretty big bust for those models.  Quick memory is that the Nam and Euro did the best here on this one with the Icon not far behind.  GFS was off its rocker here, CMC was ridiculous as was its baby brother the Rgem.   Here is the GFS from 24 hours ago.  4-6" up in here (not).  Surely some of this can be attributed to elevation and the GFS inability to show that in its smoothed over maps but I do not think even the elevated areas here got much more than a couple inches.   I am at 800 feet and I went up to close to 2000 feet and it was not 4-6". 

image.thumb.png.5e1dbc4da76b758d95073c47ad938731.png

I agree that the Euro was probably the best with accumulations for my yard. The GFS & Canadian were very high with amounts in this marginal situation.

• Like 1