• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA Fall 2022

Bubbler86

Surprise! Looks like more than expected coming our way. At the Library, finally checked again on weather for Williamsport.  We didn't get flakes -- nice big ones, which I was very happy to see -- until shortly after 3:00 but I guess we will make up for the slow start.  It is just 33 at Montoursville Airport and will be for several hours, then it will go to mid-upper 30s.  We were not supposed to go below something like 36. Snow amounts now saying 3"-5" instead of 1-3; 3" just from 6:00-8:00.  I wasn't expecting that at all. On the other hand, I thought we'd get more overnight but I see only .6", all rain, at 35-36.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Pretty much the same here though it is still snow.  Roads are probably not caving this time of the year without rates or 20's.

If either this was December or it was 2 degrees cooler, we would have had 4-6” from this system. So close, give us more chances like this in climo and we’ll cash, especially with these negative anomalies. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DDweatherman said:

If either this was December or it was 2 degrees cooler, we would have had 4-6” from this system. So close, give us more chances like this in climo and we’ll cash, especially with these negative anomalies. 

We may be looking 8-12 if temps upstairs were colder along with the surface.  We have about .6" of plain rain.  This would have been Nov 15th 2018 all over again.

4 minutes ago, DDweatherman said:

I just hope we can enjoy what looks like a favorable pattern for us early in the winter climo, even a nice 4-6” event would be great. 

the sledding in my neck of the woods is awesome, straight down the road of the hood. 

I am still interested in Thanksgiving weekend and a trailing low possibility. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CarlislePaWx said:

About 20 minutes ago the precip switched over to all snow.  Since that time mulch is more than 75% white with some white appearing on the grass.  It's between light and moderate, so we'll see where we go from here.  The heavier precip has dropped the temperature and it is now down to 33.1 which is plenty cold for accumulations everywhere at night.  Happy to hear that areas that didn't think they would see a flake have indeed been treated to white rain.  Enjoy the next few hours at least.  I'm hoping the NWS changeover to rain forecast to take place before 10:00pm is delayed and pure rain is minimized.  It could happen.

We've had a bit of everything here in Northern Lanco right around 5pm, but now all rain. 

Congrats to those that are getting first snowfalls.

• Like 1

Just measured 4.7” with continued moderate to heavy rates. Some sign on radar of mixing trying break into this area from the SW, but the best precip rates are also about to move on from here as well. The damage is done though either way, what a nice snowfall event. 

• Like 2