• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Central PA Fall 2022

Bubbler86

Heavy snow right now with 2.5” on the ground as well. It’s went from a more variable rate and occasional burst of half dollar flakes to that classic mid-storm flake size (smaller but piling up) Temp steady near 31ºF and most if not all roads are caved.

3-4” seems like a pretty big likelihood at this point here. Starting to wonder if this overachieves and takes a crack at 6”. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Cashtown_Coop said:

Fatties on this side.  No accum

Still just plain jane rain here.   Some flooding down at the bottom of my road as it is pouring.   Heavy snow up from Pen Mar Park to High Rock.   Going to have some great snowy mountain scenes from my front window tomorrow AM. 

3 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Still just plain jane rain here.   Some flooding down at the bottom of my road as it is pouring.   Heavy snow up from Pen Mar Park to High Rock.   Going to have some great snowy mountain scenes from my front window tomorrow AM. 

Top of car is white.  I’ll take pic in a bit 

• Like 1

I've had the variety of light precip types since it began around 2:00.  Other than a very short burst of flakes near the beginning, a period of steady snow arrived around 4:00.  Lasted less than 10 minutes but while falling immediately started turning my mulch white.  Temp continues to slowly fall from 37 back at 2:00 to the present 34.3.  Even if it stays between 33 and 34 that's cold enough at night for accumulations on the streets.

• Like 1

About 20 minutes ago the precip switched over to all snow.  Since that time mulch is more than 75% white with some white appearing on the grass.  It's between light and moderate, so we'll see where we go from here.  The heavier precip has dropped the temperature and it is now down to 33.1 which is plenty cold for accumulations everywhere at night.  Happy to hear that areas that didn't think they would see a flake have indeed been treated to white rain.  Enjoy the next few hours at least.  I'm hoping the NWS changeover to rain forecast to take place before 10:00pm is delayed and pure rain is minimized.  It could happen.