• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA Fall 2022

Bubbler86

As of 12:39 we’re getting some precip here - not quite flurries but not rain, either - something frozen or partially frozen, and very tiny “drops”, like frozen drizzle. I don’t think it quite counts as freezing rain, but it looks and feels very wintry out right now. 

Edit: coming down much steadier now, and with some legit flurries mixed in. I was expecting the precip to start at 2 and for us to have nothing but rain. My dog has a vet appointment today at 3 so I’m really hoping this doesn’t turn out to be an overperformer. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

Not that many are already looking beyond todays first potential snow for many, but the GFS seems to be holding the upcoming weekends cold look.  Lake effect looks likely for Atomix and the normal norther/westers towards the end of the weekend as NW wind cranks w/ another shot of cold coming in.  But for the rest of us........BBrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

.  m

Yep was looking at beyond looks frigid! Hope a storm can pop. To me this is all play money, house money starts December 1st. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

so by stuff....

do you mean white stuff...

or wet stuff.....

Inquiring minds wanna know.

Sorry lol, definitely snow. Pretty steady light to moderate and starting to lay on the grass at home.

I’m out doing some errands. Top of Wopsy is 28° and it was already laying easy up there and blowing around with roads starting to cave. 31-32° down here in town so not quite to caving roads yet.

About 20min ago on top of Wopsy (~2400’+)

C0699B25-6FA4-4F40-A138-837717CC87C8.thumb.jpeg.a429f94f92eaa75c805289253311efe0.jpeg

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, MAG5035 said:

Sorry lol, definitely snow. Pretty steady light to moderate and starting to lay on the grass at home.

I’m out doing some errands. Top of Wopsy is 28° and it was already laying easy up there and blowing around with roads starting to cave. 31-32° down here in town so not quite to caving roads yet.

C0699B25-6FA4-4F40-A138-837717CC87C8.thumb.jpeg.a429f94f92eaa75c805289253311efe0.jpeg

Looking good bud.  Enjoy.

Now drizzle here in Etown, but I had pingers for a bit, and that was enough to make make me smile.  

18 minutes ago, MAG5035 said:

Thanks Mag! Getting me excited. At least for now I can look at pics. Nothing here dry right now. 

3 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

@Eskimo Joe, I see you lurking.  Today's is the 4th anniversary of the Eskimo Joe snow of 2018 in the LSV.  Many here were poo-pooing the chances and you jumped in and called it right. 

Damn right. Never underestimate these setups in PA. You radiated all last night under a fresh, dry airmass and clouds thickened up right at sunrise. Add to the fact that WAA snow waits for no man, and you've got the Eskimo Express of 2018.

• Like 6

29 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

For those about to rock, the HRRR has the heavy-duty action starting just after dark with mixed and rain changing to snow for much of the Western LSV and far Northern LSV.   Still an SC (Copyright @paweather 2022) special though

image.png.81c9ff0831a61ab26e2d55cc05de235f.png

On behalf of true CPA weenies all around...we salute you for that map. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1