Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
Central PA Fall 2022

Bubbler86

2 minutes ago, DDweatherman said:

GFS is a wet dream for us folks over here US 15 and west. if only... RGEM agress but not that it means too much. 

I'll take my 7" and run  up along the M/D line in Washington County.

I'll be happy to just see some wet flakes this afternoon.

Howdy y'all, little late on this but I got .78" of rain last Friday. In other news, we landed on the moon.

Car thermo hit 25 this morning, still don't have a weather station set up at the new house.  It's on the to-do list but not exactly high priority.  Glad to see the excitement building as some of yinz get ready to see your first flakes.  I'm hoping to see a bit of white rain before I leave Harrisburg today.  Not expecting anything down towards home.  Congrats to those in the money.  Don't be shy with those pics -- snow that is.  Toodles. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chris78 said:

I'll take my 7" and run  up along the M/D line in Washington County.

I'll be happy to just see some wet flakes this afternoon.

It would be a stunner if we get 7" with these temps.  But I am a bit worried about rush hour even if just for visibility.  Right about when kids are coming home.

2 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Howdy y'all, little late on this but I got .78" of rain last Friday. In other news, we landed on the moon.

Car thermo hit 25 this morning, still don't have a weather station set up at the new house.  It's on the to-do list but not exactly high priority.  Glad to see the excitement building as some of yinz get ready to see your first flakes.  I'm hoping to see a bit of white rain before I leave Harrisburg today.  Not expecting anything down towards home.  Congrats to those in the money.  Don't be shy with those pics -- snow that is.  Toodles. 

Glad you posted - I've been patiently waiting for you to update. :) 

Heading up next weekend to see Sparty? 

13 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Glad you posted - I've been patiently waiting for you to update. :) 

Heading up next weekend to see Sparty? 

Funny you should ask, the wife and I were debating going up with her brother and his wife (first timers).  Not sure where things stand with that but like most things we want to do these days, I wouldn't bet on it because babies and toddlers have a way of derailing all plans ha.  I always hate taking first-timers up for the home finale when it falls after T-giving because the student section is bare and they don't get a feel for the true atmosphere.  The boys in blue look good though!  Manny has 'em playing fast and loose.

• Thanks 1

Not that many are already looking beyond todays first potential snow for many, but the GFS seems to be holding the upcoming weekends cold look.  Lake effect looks likely for Atomix and the normal norther/westers towards the end of the weekend as NW wind cranks w/ another shot of cold coming in.  But for the rest of us........BBrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

.  gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_neus_22.png

• Thanks 1

and if thats not cold enough....this one is just posted purely for entertainment purposes (or for firewood gathering if it holds any merit for you).  Looking over last few runs beyond 240 has been nothing short of dizzying...so just keep that in mind.....but wowzers.  Early start to ice skating. :lol:

gfs_T2m_us_65.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Most impressive thing to me on that map is the sub-freezing temps literally to the Gulf on 12/1. 

yeah thats why i deemed it post worthy.  Not too often we see lows that low in early Dec.  Like I said, more just for entertainment purposes while folks wait for first flakes.    

• Like 1

Steadier stuff has arrived, light right now. Temps right around 32ºF.

For those that were wondering, it does appear they have CCX (State College) radar up for the event today.

.EQUIPMENT...
KCCX radar is temporarily back in operation for today and
tonight. KCCX will be offline again 11/16 and/or 11/17 as the
backup generator and electrical system at the site are upgraded.
This upgrade and refurbishment is part of the WSR-88D Service
Life Extension Program (SLEP

• Thanks 1

Just now, MAG5035 said:

Steadier stuff has arrived, light right now. Temps right around 32ºF.

For those that are wondering, it does appear they have CCX (State College) radar up for the event today.

so by stuff....

do you mean white stuff...

or wet stuff.....

Inquiring minds wanna know.