Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Central PA Fall 2022

Bubbler86

8 hours ago, CarlislePaWx said:

Man, all 3 model runs from 18z gave Cumberland county 5".  Maybe hoping for 2" might work out.  If it covers the grass it's a good storm.

I'm down to 24.8 and still slowly dropping under crystal-clear skies.  This is my lowest temp for the season thus far.  The whole night below freezing will help pavement accumulations, but probably not anything that falls before 4:00pm.

Looking at overnighters seems like a tick south w/ 850's and has you guys looking good.  Based on winds, it looks like a changeover is likely for many but not after a nice kickoff to snow season.  Nice trend.  Enjoy.  

27 in Akron. 

Looks like overnights ticked colder....and thats a pleasant surprise (to me).  Congrats to many now in the game.  Still worried about the SSW wind doing a quick scouring of our precious cold, but if we get the rates...it may offset that even down here (for a while anyway).  NWS has r/s mix for me this afternoon and early evening.  If we see a little white rain....it's a win for me.  For you norther/westers, enjoy and share some pics.

25 was the low here in the historic district - currently it's 29 under a deck of high cloudiness. 
With many hours of temps below 28 last night, hopefully that puts the kabosh on the 2022 lawnmowing season. Next mow, which will be TBD prior to the first snowfall down here, will be the 56th of the season. 
All time record for single season mowings? You count them so don't tell me you don't have a Hall of Records for this stuff.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

25 was the low here in the historic district - currently it's 29 under a deck of high cloudiness. 

With many hours of temps below 28 last night, hopefully that puts the kabosh on the 2022 lawnmowing season. Next mow, which will be TBD prior to the first snowfall down here, will be the 56th of the season. 

i would have liked to get 1 more in. Looking doubtful now. 

9 minutes ago, Atomixwx said:

All time record for single season mowings? You count them so don't tell me you don't have a Hall of Records for this stuff.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

This season is a top 5 for sure. Not sure it ranks #1 - my mowing stats aren't as in depth as some of my winter stats. I can tell you that the analytics say there's a 97% likelihood that I will mow again in the next few weeks. 

Always go with the analytics. 

Temp now up to 32.9 after an overnight low of 22.6 degrees, which was the coldest low of the season thus far.  Currently, at 9:15 skies are overcast with the sun dimly visible.

I know I'm not going to get the snowfall that the models have been advertising around here, but all the models posted here have the 5" mark over me with some freezing rain just to my west.  Maybe this first one overperforms?

8 minutes ago, DDweatherman said:

The NAM has been consistently a fair bit warmer than the Euro, GFS, and Canadian with this. It's a major difference in ground truth for us LSV folks. 

Yep it has, but as a short term model, it has to have some weight, and as the GFS known cool bias, if one blends the 2, IMO its a reasonable solution...even if not the solution many want.  Flag hoisted though as it is an outlier, so you may be right.   As we've never been in the game for this one, I'm just discussing weather on a weatherboard and while I want it to be wrong...as we are getting into the snow season, I (like others) like the NAM and am hoping we can trust it when the show really starts....if ya know what I mean.

Elliott at MU:

Rain will overspread the Lower Susquehanna Valley from west-to-east between 2-5 p.m. this afternoon but should quickly change over to a period of wet snow N/W of I-81 and along South Mountain. How far south/east wet snow occurs will depend greatly on precipitation rates..

Higher rates will result in more efficient dynamic and evaporational cooling, and vice versa. Still, I don't expect more than a few slushy spots on secondary roadways, especially in the higher terrain. However, a coating to 2" of snow is possible on non-paved surfaces..

Any wet snow is most likely between 4-8 p.m. and may lead to areas of lower visibility. Make sure to reduce speed and increase following distance during the afternoon commute to minimize the risk of hydroplaning. For York and LanCo, precip. should fall as plain rain

• Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

This AM's Euro was pretty warm where it pertains to snow.    A lot of mix

image.thumb.png.ec7a366f7563624fb1f7bd44fe47707b.png

We got the 0z nice suite of thump again followed by the bounce back to the previous solutions. Just a bit too early for snow, but nice to see it nearby. I'm not all that pessimistic on this winter like some are.