• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Central PA Fall 2022

Bubbler86

CTP is mentioning snow with the rain in the Tuesday night forecast for the Harrisburg area.

Tuesday Night
A chance of rain before 11pm, then a chance of rain and snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 32. Chance of precipitation is 50%.
Wednesday
A chance of rain and snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 45. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Looks like a nice area of moderate rain currently over east central MD should move in to areas east of the river in the next hour or two. Having said that, it's picked up a little here now and I'm up to .06"

was barely drizzle on way into work.  Radar looks to fix that shortly.  

45 minutes ago, paweather said:

@Blizzard of 93Track time!

As PA and Blizz have already suggested, next week is starting to look a bit wintery for some in the region with a couple shots of love from above.  Following tomorrow nights potential elevation frostings, the Tues/Wed looks decent for more flakes in same areas and possibly Poc area.  Beyond that NW flow likely keeps flakes flying in flurry and snow showers for upslope crew for Thurs/Friday.  Still plenty of time to change, but first stand of winter appears to be showing up.  540 oscillates below and through the region much of the week.  Not a great look but a nice change IMO.

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_eus_25.png

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Saw this posted in the MA forum...what BS missing Cashtown and I like that.

E3519518-501F-4FBE-8C80-72E488B1E759.jpeg.768bb55706e59afbe56db2cefad7e24c.jpeg

Oh my do I remember that storm well! Picked up 7.5" where I lived at the time...what I remember best is how cold it was. For being in the first half of November, it was cold powder. 

Really cool storm. Part I didn't remember was how much more they got south of the M/D line. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Oh my do I remember that storm well! Picked up 7.5" where I lived at the time...what I remember best is how cold it was. For being in the first half of November, it was cold powder. 

Really cool storm. Part I didn't remember was how much more they got south of the M/D line. 

That storm, in Allentown, started out as a cold rain, then flipped to snow and we got walloped. I don't remember the total, though.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, CarlislePaWx said:

When you say very cold during that storm do you mean temps around 20 degrees?  If so, I do remember it.  Oddly enough, I think I also remember experiencing thundersnow during the storm.  I can't remember accumulations but maybe 6-8"?

Yes, that's correct! Not sure where you were living at the time Stephen but I measured 7.5" living right smack in the middle of Lanco. I did not have thundersnow from that storm locally. 

7 minutes ago, Porsche said:

Interesting...at the time I was about 6 miles from MU. 

I have an old weather journal where I recorded all sorts of weather events from 1978 through 1997. After that, family commitments changed my recordings to only marking down more significant snow events.