Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA Fall 2022

Bubbler86

1 minute ago, Bubbler86 said:

38 for the low here.  GFS and CMC continue to beat the drum for flooding rains answering the long-asked question "why do you wear yours pants so high" 

37 for the low here. Yesterday was absolutely stunning for November. Just how much rain do you think will fall in the Susquehanna valley?

4 minutes ago, mahantango#1 said:

37 for the low here. Yesterday was absolutely stunning for November. Just how much rain do you think will fall in the Susquehanna valley?

Not forecasting, just reading models on this one.  Everything shows almost the entire state of PA is at risk for 2+" with many areas getting 3,4 or 5".  So, 2-4" seems the safe bet right now.   It is a warm, humid late/early summer like rain as well. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

I like the look of the 0z Euro at day 10.

Maybe we get on the board early this year?

6E12B62B-9268-4EA3-90DA-7DEF3BDEFC01.png

Yeah, saw the change to a colder regime started to show late last week on ens guidance, as ridging looks to be replace w/ troughiness here in the east.  This has been showing up with enough consistency, that I'm starting to get a bit more excited.  It's been a beaut of a fall weather period though, even if a bit toasty.  

3 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

74 at MDT.  The Min was 64 setting a daily Min Max record and tying the monthly record. 

Thank you sir

2 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Well gents, I am back in the mowing club.  After not mowing for the last ten years (HOA did lawns), I mowed at the new house and hot damn did it feel good.  Good to be back in the saddle. 

I think i'll have at least 1, maybe 2 more. The last will be strictly for leaf mulching. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

Thank you sir

I think i'll have at least 1, maybe 2 more. The last will be strictly for leaf mulching. 

I did what I think will be my penultimate mow yesterday.      The grass needed it.  Deep green right now.  Once we get into those forecasted teens and low 20's next week, that will put a kibosh on any more growing so probably one more Sat afternoon if it dries out enough and the temp is warm enough to get it started. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I am not sure this is official or comes with any sort of extra recognition, but I would call you the President of our mowing club.  LOL. 

I accept the nomination. Great day to bestowed this high honor. LOL

16 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Awfully quiet for being 48-72 hours from a tropical system influence here.  LOL 

I read (either MU or CTP) last night that it will take in excess of 6" of rain to start to cause significant issues given the current water levels. I know nothing about hydrology but  the tone of discussion last evening was "it's going to rain, it might rain a lot, but it won't be a big deal" 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I accept the nomination. Great day to bestowed this high honor. LOL

I read (either MU or CTP) last night that it will take in excess of 6" of rain to start to cause significant issues given the current water levels. I know nothing about hydrology but  the tone of discussion last evening was "it's going to rain, it might rain a lot, but it won't be a big deal" 

Yea, not looking for issues with Susq but something like 3" would cause  local hydrology issues re, road closures and stuff.  We have several creeks that would flood with 2-3" in 12-24 hrs.  Here is the stream flow map.  Much of the center of the state is below normal.  Just west of the LSV is in minimal drought right now. 

image.png.490eb7f8cb0514f7399950bcbe2aaf35.png

image.thumb.png.9b6fad983bdea250c37a62860cadff85.png

Well gents, I am back in the mowing club.  After not mowing for the last ten years (HOA did lawns), I mowed at the new house and hot damn did it feel good.  Good to be back in the saddle. 
Feel free to saddle up and mow mine next.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

• Haha 3