• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA Fall 2022

Bubbler86

11:45p Williamsport Report. We are still at 71 at the Montoursville airport and have another hour to go above 69, which coincidentally is supposed to be tomorrow's high. I had the bedroom window open while I slept this morning and switched out comforter with the lightweight cotton blanket. Can hardly believe what I am typing myself. The rain I didn't want didn't come today and it isn't coming overnight, either. 

It occured to me last night we are less than six weeks away from another weather extreme: The anniversary of the early and biggest snowfall we ever had in Williamsport on December 16-17, 2020, 24.7".

58 here this AM.    MDT was still in the 70's until past 1AM.   MDT did sneak down to 64 yesterday morning meaning yesterday ties for the warmest Nov low in the history of MDT.  November 4th, 1961 is the other.

Euro "teasing" that we have one more run at the upper 60's and low 70's next Friday/Saturday....slower front passage.   GFS and CMC still a bit faster with the front and cool things down for Sat.   All 3 are drenchers Fri night. 

HRRR Suggesting all of the LSV makes low to mid 70's today. 

3 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

58 here this AM.    MDT was still in the 70's until past 1AM.   MDT did sneak down to 64 yesterday morning meaning yesterday ties for the warmest Nov low in the history of MDT.  November 4th, 1961 is the other.

Euro "teasing" that we have one more run at the upper 60's and low 70's next Friday/Saturday....slower front passage.   GFS and CMC still a bit faster with the front and cool things down for Sat.   All 3 are drenchers Fri night. 

HRRR Suggesting all of the LSV makes low to mid 70's today. 

You went cruising right on past me - after dropping to 64 last evening, I remained at that temp the entire night. Never went up or down from there until 7:30 this morning. 

OP85xXAW_normal.jpg

Not only was yesterday's minimum temp the highest on record at @millersvilleu for #November 6th, but it was also the highest on record for the entire month (since 1914). Now THAT is impressive! Temps should fall just 1-3 degrees shy of tying today's record high of 78°F from 1924.
  • Like 1

Gotta love this: We hit the daytime high of 72 here in Williamsport by around noon, which is a bit higher than predicted. Glorious blue skies and sun. I checked the 10 day at wunderground.com and there was the first snowflake graphic of the season for 11/16: no accumulation, high 46, low 30. Things will move along quickly now I guess since we had an extra month of early fall, more or less.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, CoralRed said:

Gotta love this: We hit the daytime high of 72 here in Williamsport by around noon, which is a bit higher than predicted. Glorious blue skies and sun. I checked the 10 day at wunderground.com and there was the first snowflake graphic of the season for 11/16: no accumulation, high 46, low 30. Things will move along quickly now I guess since we had an extra month of early fall, more or less.

yeah the warmth has been pretty stoudt.  70 when leaving cabin yesterday was a bit much.  Looked like winter.  Felt nothing like it.  We've seen this show before, so while unwanted (to me) its not that uncommon.  Hoping the cold showing on Ens guidance grows legs and sticks around in the east.

• Like 1