Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Fall 2022

Bubbler86

8 hours ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

I work in this field and yeah, I don't think a lot of people have any idea what's about to hit them this winter.  Might as well take a flamethrower to their wallets.  Going to be absolutely brutal, no matter the heating source.  I really feel for some folks.  The energy markets are just so out of whack, like so many other markets.  A mess indeed.

I'm in Arizona now, so theoretically I shouldn't have to worry about heating expenses, but as long as my wife remains in PA, I'm going to be on the hook for the heating oil.

Unfortunately, I doubt she reconsiders her stance. There's probably a better chance of a Phoenix white Christmas than her ever moving out here.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Interesting developments in the Globals for the weekend.  CMC, GFS and Euro all have a back door front and possible light rain keeping one or the other of weekend days out of the 70's with a marine layer type day.  Need the rain if we can get some.  Euro is super warm next week. 

That would make sense. Forecasts suggest 10-15 degrees below normal here next week. Usually, when we're cold you're warm, and vice-versa. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Voyager said:

That would make sense. Forecasts suggest 10-15 degrees below normal here next week. Usually, when we're cold you're warm, and vice-versa. 

Yep.  It is indeed rare that we are both cold.  That would be one big trough!   Could get a situation where are backdoored and the rises stay a bit to our west while you are also in lower heights. 

Congrats to all that "cashed in" in the last 2 days w/ first frostings.

Never thought for a second we'd see it down here, but us snowhounds are giddy to see it getting closer.

Headed to clearfield tomorrow.  Looks like I'll be a day late....

37 for low w/ spotted frost on rooftops around my hood.

1 hour ago, MAG5035 said:

Here with the first snow/roads slightly caved pic of the season. This is a few miles west of Ebensburg in Cambria Co currently.

Also I promise I’ll be back to posting more often soon. I’ve been really busy lately.

looking forward to seeing you back.  Congrats on the white gold.  

Congrats to all that "cashed in" in the last 2 days w/ first frostings.
Never thought for a second we'd see it down here, but us snowhounds are giddy to see it getting closer.
Headed to clearfield tomorrow.  Looks like I'll be a day late....
37 for low w/ spotted frost on rooftops around my hood.
I can put some in a container and freeze it for you if you'd like lol.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, mahantango#1 said:

I'm very confident i'll be mowing grass in November...again.

I do every year and its a normal thing for me.  I also am literally surrounded by neighbors that think the wind is their leaf removal system, so I have to clean up "their" mess in my yard as they NEVER clean up leaves....ever. :lol:

13 minutes ago, Atomixwx said:

I can put some in a container and freeze it for you if you'd like lol.

I'll give you an address to drop off a snowball in Houtzdale area....put it in the front yard where my buddys place is.  hehe

23 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

I do every year and its a normal thing for me.  I also am literally surrounded by neighbors that think the wind is their leaf removal system, so I have to clean up "their" mess in my yard as they NEVER clean up leaves....ever. :lol:

I just shoot em back in their yard ;)

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

I brought up a comment my neighbor made a few days ago.  He expects me to go into his yard and clean up my leaves.  LOL.    I should have told him to show me the leaf serial number to confirm it came from one of my sugar maples and not my neighbor who also has them.   I mulch every few days to try and keep it to a minimum though. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

While tempting, they are great neighbors otherwise...so i just take it on the chin, crack a beer and fire up the JD and mow mow mow em down. 

While it may come as a surprise, there may be a thing or 2 that they dont like about me..........

33 minutes ago, Atomixwx said:

For October 19, it's puking snow here. Some fear a snoozer of a winter. If that's the case, this may end up being as hard as it gets lol

Doesn't matter how early it is doesn't mean anything about winter! Enjoy!

• Like 1