• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Fall 2022

Bubbler86

Looking at overnighters, seems like it's still on track for a pre season teaser for the typical lucky ones, as trough looks to be slightly deeper than yesterday as well as backed in.  It's short lived though and looks like a couple cool days before we warm back up for the following weekend, but that's ok.  It's early autumn and see saws are expected.  Enjoy the ride.  

Same timestamp as previous for continuity's sake.

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_eus_18.png

gfs_T850_eus_19.png

Ended up with a total of .35": of rain.   About what I expected here after seeing all the dry slotting on modeling.  42 degrees this AM.  Weekend still looks great for those who want to get out and do stuff.  Near or over 70 each day (possibly including today) in the warmer spots.  Today may not make 70 in many places but will be watching CXY to see if they continue their hot streak. 

9 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

get your woodstove ready (if you have one).  I think mine will fire up next week to kick the season off.

I don't have a wood stove. Had a coal/wood kitchen stove back in early 90s that we took out when we remodeled the house. But truthfully I should have one with all the woodland that I have here where I live 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Ended up with a total of .35": of rain.   About what I expected here after seeing all the dry slotting on modeling.  42 degrees this AM.  Weekend still looks great for those who want to get out and do stuff.  Near or over 70 each day (possibly including today) in the warmer spots.  Today may not make 70 in many places but will be watching CXY to see if they continue their hot streak. 

I nearly tripled your total. I'm sorry you didn't do better.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I nearly tripled your total. I'm sorry you didn't do better.

I am good with it, the sun is not nearly as drying now so I get a couple days off from watering.  Growing season is coming to an end sometime in the next few weeks.   Trying to get some grass rooted and tall enough to survive the cold and hibernate into next year. 

24 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

get your woodstove ready (if you have one).  I think mine will fire up next week to kick the season off.

I have a coal stove that runs off a thermostat. It’s this kind of weather I miss burning wood.

Ended up with 0.40” rain with the front that come through yesterday. Definitely was and under achiever.

Currently 50 degrees

Total event rainfall here of .7".  I've noticed this location occasionally showing up in the low temp records (14 miles west southwest of Mackay, ID) and decided to look it up.  Unsurprisingly, it's another high elevation sink.  Yesterday it was the national low at 14 degrees.  Beautiful couple days on tap before the first snows for the Commonwealth next week.  Onward.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, pawatch said:

I have a coal stove that runs off a thermostat. It’s this kind of weather I miss burning wood.

Ended up with 0.40” rain with the front that come through yesterday. Definitely was and under achiever.

Currently 50 degrees

Huh, that sounds nice. 

My new Blaze King wood stove has catalytic converter, which when it works...its great, but it's a persnickety bugger, and I'm still working out the kinks w/ it.  Its touted as extremely efficient (and I know my wood moisture content was too moist last season), which reduces the efficiency/burn.