Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA Fall 2022

Bubbler86

18 hours ago, paweather said:

I'm with you but the GFS has us in the 70's next week. Let's hope it is cooler and get my 540 in here!

used a blend of op and ens guidance, and I dont see any 70s.  yeah upper 60's but once beyond the mid week warmth, it cools nicely.  

Point i was making is that normalish kinda fall weather and no anomalous warmth looks to be looming anytime soon.  Normal is just fine w/ me.  

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

used a blend of op and ens guidance, and I dont see any 70s.  yeah upper 60's but once beyond the mid week warmth, it cools nicely.  

Point i was making is that normalish kinda fall weather and no anomalous warmth looks to be looming anytime soon.  Normal is just fine w/ me.  

Yep I got you and normal would be great right now. Snow by Halloween. :D

3 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

Here's what the maps are currently showing for warmest panels.  If you look at the mid and upper levels, they look supportive of 2m temps as ridging is brief and with other variables considered, me thinks 70's may be tough (but of course we may flirt w/ it as you dont have to head too far south to get to numbers that will make me bust.  

gfs_T2m_us_27.png

gfs-ens_T2m_us_27.png

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

These two pics could give nightmares. 

@Porsche- thanks for sharing the storm through pictures!

@Bubbler86 - I agree with you. Sometimes when viewing "stormy beach pictures" from above, you don't really get a sense for just how rough it is. Boy, those 2 pictures you were referring to...those are some colossal waves! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Let me have it, I opened myself up for it.  I love to have fun with the Star as I like them but their drought of really winning when it matters is much longer than the Phillies. 

You have always, always been a very good sport about sports teams. Never once have you been obnoxious or tried to incite anyone. As you said, you even go out of your way to support the local teams even though their not your teams. 

I don't like either Dallas or Philly but regardless, Buddy Ryan probably wasn't the best human being. 

Aikman certainly "got his" later on. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

@Porsche- thanks for sharing the storm through pictures!

@Bubbler86 - I agree with you. Sometimes when viewing "stormy beach pictures" from above, you don't really get a sense for just how rough it is. Boy, those 2 pictures you were referring to...those are some colossal waves! 

Yea, the one pic almost looked like the ocean was at that height behind that wave.  Reminded me of movies where people got knocked off boats in storms. 

14 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

You have always, always been a very good sport about sports teams. Never once have you been obnoxious or tried to incite anyone. As you said, you even go out of your way to support the local teams even though their not your teams. 

I don't like either Dallas or Philly but regardless, Buddy Ryan probably wasn't the best human being. 

Aikman certainly "got his" later on. 

I said this before, but living in Philly for 10 years...and listening to Howard Eskin and Angelo Cataldi, makes it hard for me to root for the Flyers or Eagles but I do not root against them unless they are playing the Cowboys or Cap's.   Eagles look like a beast right now though I am not totally sold on Hurts yet. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I said this before, but living in Philly for 10 years...and listening to Howard Eskin and Angelo Cataldi, makes it hard for me to root for the Flyers or Eagles but I do not root against them unless they are playing the Cowboys or Cap's.   Eagles look like a beast right now though I am not totally sold on Hurts yet. 

Agree on Hurts. I am not sold on Dak right now either. 7 years of nothing so far. I hope that changes. Go Phillies first time in the big dance in 11 years. 

14 minutes ago, Porsche said:

Here are a few videos too.  I had my anemometer in kilometers per hr, so take note on the conversion I had clocked it at 52 MPH at one point.  It's very hard to stand and hold your iPhone and anemometer, plus record in the middle of it all LOL.

That is amazing stuff.  What is up with the no shading apparatus allowed?  LOL.  Tent Up Myrtle!!!  You are now the group Jim Cantore! 

17 minutes ago, Porsche said:

Thanks man, I have no idea what that is about, and I'm not sure who I would ask either LOL.

Sort of strange.  I guess there is a reason but I know lots of families come loaded with big family size tents when they go to the beach.   Were you at any point worried since the water was up over your bottom stair?   Not that you should have been but still, when you are in the thick of it...

Yeah, I saw tents and other apparatus on the beach so maybe this doesn't apply to the off season? IDK.  Nah wasn't worried about the water level, but the winds had me a bit worried, as I was getting pelted and thought if something let's lose at that speed, I don't have a lot of reaction time.  I went back inside and had the lady at the hotel comment that she was keeping an "eye" on me.  One of the maintenance guys I was talking to mentioned this was worse than Matthew and Florence because of the winds.  IAN made 2nd landfall about 40 miles to my south near Georgetown.  What was cool, was as IAN landed around 2:05pm to my south, winds shifted from the NE to S and you could really feel the warmth for about 15-20 minutes before they went back to the NE.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

MU is going for 74-78 today and 72-76 tomorrow. 

GFS has some of us right back into the low 70's on Mon (extrapolated from the 2PM readings seen on the TT version of the model).  Icon lower in the mid and upper 60's.   Really wish all the 70's (and potential 70's) would be on the weekend instead of work time.   Chamber weather.   Give us a nice send off into winter. 

• Like 2