Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA Fall 2022

Bubbler86

50 minutes ago, mahantango#1 said:

Had some wind here. I'd define it as breezy at times, but nothing like you're talking about.

Similar to last week when I had Tropical Storm winds all morning and everyone else was like "what", there nothing here yesterday.   

45 and another wet morning (could be the last one for quite some time as the US finally says goodbye to Ian)  with light rain falling.  5 degrees warmer than yesterday morning though.   Did not see any above 50 readings on MDT's 5 min summaries but their daily summary says 51 was the high.  3/4" of rain. 

26 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Similar to last week when I had Tropical Storm winds all morning and everyone else was like "what", there nothing here yesterday.   

45 and another wet morning (could be the last one for quite some time as the US finally says goodbye to Ian)  with light rain falling.  5 degrees warmer than yesterday morning though.   Did not see any above 50 readings on MDT's 5 min summaries but their daily summary says 51 was the high.  3/4" of rain. 

looks like the rain is out of here around nooner time

2 hours ago, sauss06 said:

can't believe nobody is talking about the wind. I have no way of measuring but it was howling yesterday and all night. I have siding blown off my house, the flag pole on my house is destroyed. Hard to see at 5am what all is screwed up.  

Holy cow Jon - so sorry to hear this. I had a period of "breezy" conditions last evening, outside of that it hasn't been windy at all. I'll comfortably say that my winds have been under 10 mph throughout this save for last evening. 

1 hour ago, Bubbler86 said:

My highest temp yesterday was 50.4 at 11:59pm...

0.10" of rain since midnight. Event total is 3.61" 

3 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

So you are throwing shade at MDT for now going with a record tie!  :-).  We have had about 1/4" of rain since midnight here. 

My temp remained between 45.4 and 46.2 from Monday night at midnight until 7:13pm last evening. At that point, the rain abruptly stopped, the winds increased, and my temp slowly climbed the remainder of the evening. It was 49.6 when I had last checked at 11pm...I saw this morning that it went up to the 50.4 reading just before midnight. Woke up this morning at 5:30am and it was 51.2

I've been accused by various family members of throwing shade during our fantasy football seasons, so I guess I have it in me. LOL

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

My temp remained between 45.4 and 46.2 from Monday night at midnight until 7:13pm last evening. At that point, the rain abruptly stopped, the winds increased, and my temp slowly climbed the remainder of the evening. It was 49.6 when I had last checked at 11pm...I saw this morning that it went up to the 50.4 reading just before midnight. Woke up this morning at 5:30am and it was 51.2

I've been accused by various family members of throwing shade during our fantasy football seasons, so I guess I have it in me. LOL

image.png.bd662e51293e9f64e92d6221c35c0338.png

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, sauss06 said:

can't believe nobody is talking about the wind. I have no way of measuring but it was howling yesterday and all night. I have siding blown off my house, the flag pole on my house is destroyed. Hard to see at 5am what all is screwed up.  

huhh..was breezy down here in lanco but not too bad.  

41 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Holy cow Jon - so sorry to hear this. I had a period of "breezy" conditions last evening, outside of that it hasn't been windy at all. I'll comfortably say that my winds have been under 10 mph throughout this save for last evening. 

2 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

huhh..was breezy down here in lanco but not too bad.  

The wind was coming from the north. 

My daughter just called and said do you know there is wood and siding and other stuff all over our back yard :blink:

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

The wind was coming from the north. 

My daughter just called and said do you know there is wood and siding and other stuff all over our back yard :blink:

wow.  thats nuts.  NOTHING like that round here....Hope the carnage isnt too bad on your casa.

• Like 1

Just looking at the 500 maps and ens guidance and I'm going to pull a Bastardi or Weatherworld long ranger and say that we dont see temps above 75 until next spring.  Tomorrow may tickle that number and the 13th has a bulge in the midwest that if rolled over a bit further east could be a spoiler to my guess as well, but I'm sticking w/ it as there is enough ridging out west and enough push of cold from the land of the canooks to make me feel safe for now.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

Just looking at the 500 maps and ens guidance and I'm going to pull a Bastardi or Weatherworld long ranger and say that we dont see temps above 75 until next spring.  Tomorrow may tickle that number and the 13th has a bulge in the midwest that if rolled over a bit further east could be a spoiler to my guess as well, but I'm sticking w/ it as there is enough ridging out west and enough push of cold from the land of the canooks to make me feel safe for now.

Yep it looks like the last of the "summer" temps are tomorrow. 

37 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

An additional 1.14" of rain here the last two days, bringing my 5-day total to 2.64".  Looks like MDT missed out on its min max record by one degree yesterday, whereas MU broke its record by one degree.  MDT currently running 7.7 degrees below average for the month.  

I finished nearly 1" higher than you...and almost all of that happened yesterday. I had 1.96" for the day...I got into some heavy action twice that looked to be from my area and just north and east. 

27 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I finished nearly 1" higher than you...and almost all of that happened yesterday. I had 1.96" for the day...I got into some heavy action twice that looked to be from my area and just north and east. 

Needless to say, you are not really counting down the hours to the next drought map tomorrow?   I will check just to see if Blizz is still in a drought per USGS. 

• Haha 1