Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Central PA Fall 2022

Bubbler86

image.thumb.png.78098798ab02eeaf0b9e2e47e3c574cf.png

I kept reading over and over again last night posters warning that they knew people down I’m coral and ft Myers and how it was staggering how many planned to stay. No body was saying they knew people down there and they planned on evacuation. Usually you also at least get a small mix saying that which is comforting because then you know a lot more were evacuating just silent. Throw in a large elderly population % and a storm trying to imitate Michael and you have this.

. Pro

18 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

I kept reading over and over again last night posters warning that they knew people down I’m coral and ft Myers and how it was staggering how many planned to stay. No body was saying they knew people down there and they planned on evacuation. Usually you also at least get a small mix saying that which is comforting because then you know a lot more were evacuating just silent. Throw in a large elderly population % and a storm trying to imitate Michael and you have this.

. Pro

Every 'Cane there is a wide area that is warned but only a small area that sees the worst...so lots of people get bravado and think it cannot happen to them. 

23 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Every 'Cane there is a wide area that is warned but only a small area that sees the worst...so lots of people get bravado and think it cannot happen to them. 

Exactly this. Many of these people experience a lifetime of storms and rarely do they pan out as hyped for their exact location so they develop a certain skepticism and let their guard down. And then that one comes to fruition right over their roof and boom. 

• Like 1

On 9/27/2022 at 7:03 PM, Superstorm said:

I was wondering why you were not posting as much.

Now I know.

Got paid to relocate to the Fl coast for work. Beats driving to Lewes when I want to do some inshore/surf fishing, don't have to deal with snow, and I can watch rockets launch from my driveway. Wasn't a hard decision :)

Still adjusting to the attenuated seasons -- Spring and Fall are really just "less summer" but winter is downright gorgeous. And the weather tracking is different, too. For instance, I'm watching Ian make a beeline to my backyard, or in the vicinity thereof. Currently under a hurricane warning with worst case being cat 1 or cat 2 winds. But we've got shutters, a whole home generator, and a block home built to post-Andrew code. Nothing really to worry about for this one.

• Like 5

Frost Advisory

URGENT - WEATHER MESSAGE
National Weather Service State College PA
418 AM EDT Thu Sep 29 2022

PAZ004>006-010>012-017-018-037-041-042-300300-
/O.NEW.KCTP.FR.Y.0004.220930T0500Z-220930T1300Z/
Warren-McKean-Potter-Elk-Cameron-Northern Clinton-Clearfield-
Northern Centre-Tioga-Northern Lycoming-Sullivan-
Including the cities of Warren, Bradford, Coudersport, St. Marys,
Ridgway, Emporium, Renovo, DuBois, Clearfield, Philipsburg,
Mansfield, Wellsboro, Trout Run, and Laporte
418 AM EDT Thu Sep 29 2022

...FROST ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 1 AM TO 9 AM EDT FRIDAY...

* WHAT...Temperatures as low as 33 will result in frost
  formation.

* WHERE...Portions of central Pennsylvania.

* WHEN...From 1 AM to 9 AM EDT Friday.

* IMPACTS...Near-ground freezing temperatures could kill
  uncovered sensitive outdoor vegetation.

* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Some of the perennial cold spots across the
  Northern Mountains of Pennsylvania could see the temperature
  bottom around 31 or 32 degrees around sunrise Friday
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, canderson said:

I think we could get up to 1" rain Saturday here. I bet the Nats game gets rained out - seems Ian wants to continue a tack east which brings more moisture up this way. 

I'd rather watch a baseball game when its sunny and 90, then 60 and rain showers. 

3 minutes ago, canderson said:

Not sure it'll be over water long enough to regroup to get above a Cat 1, myself. But there is going to be a severe flood issue in the Smokies in the Carolinas and Apps in VA IMO. 

The progs which shall go unnamed because they are right more than others want to admit, show it over water for 24 hours. 

• Haha 1