Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA Fall 2022

Bubbler86

32 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Some of the weekend QPF maps look eerily similar to some of the big snowstorms from the past. Specifically referring to the razor sharp northern edge of the precip field. 

and if they dont get us, there is s follow up wave on Thurs, that verbatim is an area wide crowd pleaser, but that's just a TAD too far out to really discuss much as it'll likely be  500 miles away in somewhereville by happy hour run.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I do not gamble much but a case can be made for putting the system on autopilot and buying a ticket or two each drawing...would not cost much weekly. 

I have NEVER spent money on a lottery ticket - Hershey Bears used to have a PA Lottery night back when I was a season ticket holder and I'd give my ticket away as soon as I received it. Just not something that I've ever wanted to do...I've always been afraid that one ticket would soon become many more. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I have NEVER spent money on a lottery ticket - Hershey Bears used to have a PA Lottery night back when I was a season ticket holder and I'd give my ticket away as soon as I received it. Just not something that I've ever wanted to do...I've always been afraid that one ticket would soon become many more. 

Definitely something some people can compulsively turn into a life changer to the negative side.  The odds are so bad that many people call it a "person who is bad at math" or "person that does not have much money" tax. 

34 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I do not gamble much but a case can be made for putting the system on autopilot and buying a ticket or two each drawing...would not cost much weekly. 

I ummm had a sports betting problem in college, had to have an intervention, etc. so I stay far away from it. 

FWIW family evacuating this afternoon from Sarasota. 

4 minutes ago, canderson said:

I ummm had a sports betting problem in college, had to have an intervention, etc. so I stay far away from it. 

FWIW family evacuating this afternoon from Sarasota. 

I read in the 'Cane thread that some counties from Sarasota north will be going deep into the zones for mandatory evacs.  Zone C. (Plus all trailers/mobile homes.)

when the big lottos get real high i'll gamble huge and drop $5 on it. The only other time i gamble and i have a policy on it, is when i find a heads up penny, i go purchase a scratch off with whatever i have in my pocket at the time, max $10 and scratch it with the "lucky" penny i found. 

edit- i won't discuss my success ratio as i'm afraid it will give me bad mojo

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

when the big lottos get real high i'll gamble huge and drop $5 on it. The only other time i gamble and i have a policy on it, is when i find a heads up penny, i go purchase a scratch off with whatever i have in my pocket at the time, max $10 and scratch it with the "lucky" penny i found. 

edit- i won't discuss my success ratio as i'm afraid it will give me bad mojo

Do your friends call you Big Daddy when you gamble huge like that.  LOL. 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, paweather said:

Florida is going to get hammered Wednesday god bless to them.

Part of the current AFD for Bradenton/just south of St Pete.

- POTENTIAL IMPACTS: Devastating to Catastrophic
- Structural damage to sturdy buildings, some with complete
roof and wall failures. Complete destruction of mobile
homes. Damage greatly accentuated by large airborne
projectiles. Locations may be uninhabitable for weeks or
months.
- Numerous large trees snapped or uprooted along with fences
and roadway signs blown over.
- Many roads impassable from large debris, and more within
urban or heavily wooded places. Many bridges, causeways,
and access routes impassable.
- Widespread power and communications outages.

* STORM SURGE
- LATEST LOCAL FORECAST: Life-threatening storm surge possible
- Peak Storm Surge Inundation: The potential for 7-10 feet
above ground somewhere within surge prone areas
- Window of concern: Begins early Wednesday morning

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Part of the current AFD for Bradenton/just south of St Pete.

- POTENTIAL IMPACTS: Devastating to Catastrophic
- Structural damage to sturdy buildings, some with complete
roof and wall failures. Complete destruction of mobile
homes. Damage greatly accentuated by large airborne
projectiles. Locations may be uninhabitable for weeks or
months.
- Numerous large trees snapped or uprooted along with fences
and roadway signs blown over.
- Many roads impassable from large debris, and more within
urban or heavily wooded places. Many bridges, causeways,
and access routes impassable.
- Widespread power and communications outages.

* STORM SURGE
- LATEST LOCAL FORECAST: Life-threatening storm surge possible
- Peak Storm Surge Inundation: The potential for 7-10 feet
above ground somewhere within surge prone areas
- Window of concern: Begins early Wednesday morning

Yep going to get ugly for them.

1 hour ago, Itstrainingtime said:

"It's east"

"It's west"

"It's north"

"It's south"

It's ugly commentary.

Great info such as My uncle visited Sarasota in 1974 and was there for some thunderstorms so this is going to be a nightmare....or, I once flew into PIE and I saw some canals that looked suspicious so I am thinking people on the east coast are in trouble.   

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

There are evacuating Sanibel and Captiva now.  @Itstrainingtime, when were you going down there?  Maybe next year? 

I just read that - and yes, we're going down almost one year from now to the date. 2 trips to FL next year, Sanibel in the fall (late September) and then Universal in December. 

I'm looking forward to those trips a lot...haven't been to either and obviously they'll be completely different experiences. May 2024 is a cross-country 3 week trip out west including a couple nights in Mammoth Lakes, CA...yeah, just a little stoked for that trip. But it's still out there a ways. 

1 minute ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I just read that - and yes, we're going down almost one year from now to the date. 2 trips to FL next year, Sanibel in the fall (late September) and then Universal in December. 

I'm looking forward to those trips a lot...haven't been to either and obviously they'll be completely different experiences. May 2024 is a cross-country 3 week trip out west including a couple nights in Mammoth Lakes, CA...yeah, just a little stoked for that trip. But it's still out there a ways. 

Wow, I have no trips planned.  Not living my life right I guess.  LOL.  Good thing you are not going to Sanibel late this Sept!  

2 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Wow, I have no trips planned.  Not living my life right I guess.  LOL.  Good thing you are not going to Sanibel late this Sept!  

You got that right. Wishing everyone well down there. Good building codes will help mitigate some of the wind damage but won't do much against surge and flooding. 

13 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

WPC nudged heavy rainfall a bit farther north today, but most of PA is still on the sidelines:

The 12Z 'Cane models are driving the storm a bit farther north due to the delay in it gaining latitude...and slightly less effects from the High.  Still showing a right turn eventually though.   

• Like 1