Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA Fall 2022

Bubbler86

35 minutes ago, mahantango#1 said:

do you miss Florida weather compared to Pa. weather?

Not at all.  Not to disagree with neff, but outside the 'Cane chances, Florida weather is boring to me.    Sure, it storms a lot more but it is 95 and humid before the storm and 85 and humid afterwards.    Great weather to be outside Dec-March. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Very early in the ballgame, but WPC has most of PA in about 1-2" of rain through Sunday:

p168i.gif?1664195458

yeah it sure looks like a rather uncertain time, as one model run shows a bunch of something...and the next a lot of nothing.  IMO w/ that likelyhood of an inland track, I'd think were bound for some interaction, although frontal boundary and HP up north may shunt Nward progress.  My wife has a wedding to shoot on Saturday....that might not be fun.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

yeah it sure looks like a rather uncertain time, as one model run shows a bunch of something...and the next a lot of nothing.  IMO w/ that likelyhood of an inland track, I'd think were bound for some interaction, although frontal boundary and HP up north may shunt Nward progress.  My wife has a wedding to shoot on Saturday....that might not be fun.

I'm headed to AC for the weekend. Need to keep a close eye on this to see if we need to cancel. 

• Like 1

There is a TON of cold, dry air next week that SHOULD push Ian south and west of PA, if not just evaporate it entirely by the time it hits the VA border. It appears it'll crawl up Florida and into DPs in the 30s/40s in the Carolinas. 
Sawbuck says the areas along the front get five inches of rain from it anyway lol

I have family in St. Petersburg. Not particularly close, but ish. Enough to justify a funeral trip to Disney should they be washed away.

But I'm sure they'll evacuate if they have to.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, Atomixwx said:

Sawbuck says the areas along the front get five inches of rain from it anyway lol

I have family in St. Petersburg. Not particularly close, but ish. Enough to justify a funeral trip to Disney should they be washed away.

But I'm sure they'll evacuate if they have to.

Fam in Sarasota with a half-finished house on the beach. Hopefully they're far enough south. 

Fam in Sarasota with a half-finished house on the beach. Hopefully they're far enough south. 
Half-finished as in "Ran out of drywall during the build. Thanks, Obama," or half-finished as in "I want to try a new style of house where half is done and half isn't, and we're going to call it Newfie?"

30 minutes ago, Atomixwx said:

Half-finished as in "Ran out of drywall during the build. Thanks, Obama," or half-finished as in "I want to try a new style of house where half is done and half isn't, and we're going to call it Newfie?"

WIndows still in Europe, and stone not delivered yet. 

2 hours ago, canderson said:

There is a TON of cold, dry air next week that SHOULD push Ian south and west of PA, if not just evaporate it entirely by the time it hits the VA border. It appears it'll crawl up Florida and into DPs in the 30s/40s in the Carolinas. 

12z keeps the concerns we both noted alive and well.  As depicted, that HP up north means business (now showing 1036 as he slides SE)...and will likely play Edward Scissorhands to any tropical influence trying to get north of 40. 

• Like 1

Sports fans in this thread getting their game faces on this coming weekend...we have [mention=1189]anotherman[/mention]heading to University Park, [mention=1291]sauss06[/mention]heading for DC, the trusty training guy heading to Pittsburgh...anyone else on the road? 
Almost forgot [mention=1156]canderson[/mention]with his trip to NYC! 

Heading to NYC to see my Yanks against Os on Friday.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Superstorm said:

Heading to NYC to see my Yanks against Os on Friday.

Orioles are currently 27 games better than they finished last year. If someone told me in March that the Birds would win 79 games, I would have had them drug tested. Now, they are 3 wins away from having a winning season - those 3 wins are going to have to come on the road in Boston or NY, or at home against Toronto. Tough 10 games to end what has been a remarkable season, regardless of what happens from here on out. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I am not sure any of the progs get rain into the Northeast before later Saturday.   GFS is a nice Sun-Tue LSV Soaker but gets shunted mostly south of NYC. 

Some of the weekend QPF maps look eerily similar to some of the big snowstorms from the past. Specifically referring to the razor sharp northern edge of the precip field. 

5 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Some of the weekend QPF maps look eerily similar to some of the big snowstorms from the past. Specifically referring to the razor sharp northern edge of the precip field. 

Like @paweather mentioned, the high to the north is insanely strong. The blocking we need in January is here in September .. probably a bad sign for winter lol 

• Like 1

Just now, canderson said:

Like @paweather mentioned, the high to the north is insanely strong. The blocking we need in January is here in September .. probably a bad sign for winter lol 

6 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Yea, dry air ready to ruin someone's drought smash.    My old place in Bradenton just received Evac orders.  When I was there in 2017 we made a 3AM drive up to Ocala, Fl to get out of Irma's way. 

• Like 1