Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA Fall 2022

Bubbler86

14 minutes ago, canderson said:

Get the game in or was the field too wet from this late mornings rain? 

Great call by you earlier today!

The early rain ended in time to dry out the field, so they played the softball game.

The thunderstorm that just rolled through packed a little punch with some brief heavy rain & lightning.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bubbler86 said:

Yea, defintely something to watch.

Here are CTP’s current thoughts for next weekend.

Towards next weekend, things become much more uncertain, with
the ultimate track of Ian yet to be determined. At this early
juncture, it looks like the soonest we could see any rainfall
(tied to the northern edge of Ian`s rainfall shield) would be
later Friday night or Saturday, but that rain could be even more
delayed or even stay south of PA.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mahantango#1 said:

It was a good one the best this year. Where I live thunderstorms were not frequent This year.

I always appreciated a good thunderstorm in PA. I did not realize how much better they could get until we moved to FL. Near daily storms in early Fall, 2"/hr+ rainfall rates, 1000+ lightning strikes within 25 km, wind gusts -- the whole 9 yards.

FL weather makes PA weather seem mundane.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, NeffsvilleWx said:

I always appreciated a good thunderstorm in PA. I did not realize how much better they could get until we moved to FL. Near daily storms in early Fall, 2"/hr+ rainfall rates, 1000+ lightning strikes within 25 km, wind gusts -- the whole 9 yards.

Out here in AZ, the monsoon can be equally impressive...if you manage to get under a good cell. It's not like PA where you get long lines of storms traversing the state. Here they mostly form in the mountains, then drift toward Phoenix metro and build and die along outflow boundaries. 

23 minutes ago, NeffsvilleWx said:

Welcome back! Hopefully you have no issues with flooding from Ian. 

44 minutes ago, Voyager said:

Out here in AZ, the monsoon can be equally impressive...if you manage to get under a good cell. It's not like PA where you get long lines of storms traversing the state. Here they mostly form in the mountains, then drift toward Phoenix metro and build and die along outflow boundaries. 

I spent a year in Sierra Vista — I loved hiking up into the Huachuca mountains and watching storms roll across the plains. The sky is definitely “bigger” out there, that’s for sure.

9 hours ago, NeffsvilleWx said:

Except the wind seems much worse in PA (15 years in Florida myself)