Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA Fall 2022

Bubbler86

41 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I see your winter lack of reading skills are getting tuned up.  Lol

Lol, I’m just having some fun to pass the time until snow tracking season begins.

I have plenty of reading skills…but sorry…I’m not worried about a drought in my area.

Hopefully you got some rain in your yard today.

Enjoy your time at the beach!

27 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

Lol, I’m just having some fun to pass the time until snow tracking season begins.

I have plenty of reading skills…but sorry…I’m not worried about a drought in my area.

Thanks.  Just was not sure where epic or drought came from.  Lots of drought talk this year from others but none recently except the irony of Marysville being in D0.  You are officially in a drought per the latest map but the 2 or 2 plus weeks with less than a tenth of an inch of rain total at mdt is pretty darn dry.  They only got .04 today.  The complaints were flying here all summer when it did not rain for a week so this stretch is the worst in quite some time.

55 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Thanks.  Just was not sure where epic or drought came from.  Lots of drought talk this year from others but none recently except the irony of Marysville being in D0.  You are officially in a drought per the latest map but the 2 or 2 plus weeks with less than a tenth of an inch of rain total at mdt is pretty darn dry.  They only got .04 today.  The complaints were flying here all summer when it did not rain for a week so this stretch is the worst in quite some time.

Again, I was just joking around about the drought talk…trying to have a little fun. My backyard is doing quite well, but hopefully things improve in your backyard.

Fall is here, so now we can get ready to talk about really important things such as Winter previews, first Frost, first freeze & hopefully first snow flakes!

Latest run of the Euro is pretty interesting for Invest 98L for us. Shows it pulling off something similar to Irene with it hugging the coast as a 953mb hurricane as it heads north into Long Island weakening to 980mb lol

0z GFS is still showing remnants of the storm getting up into our area. Looking good that we might get some rain out of this potentially

41 minutes ago, TheDreamTraveler said:

Latest run of the Euro is pretty interesting for Invest 98L for us. Shows it pulling off something similar to Irene with it hugging the coast as a 953mb hurricane as it heads north into Long Island weakening to 980mb lol

0z GFS is still showing remnants of the storm getting up into our area. Looking good that we might get some rain out of this potentially

yeah that is an interesting look, but one that surely isnt outside the realm of possible outcomes.  One thing for sure, is that fall is here and looking to stick around.  Parsing over 2m temps through the entire run, had a max of 68 for HBG.  So what we may lack in color from our dry summer, we may get in cool temps for a more normalish fall.  Precip totals are a bit paltry though, so lets hope we get some action from the tropics to keep those precious lawns green...and mowers runnin....especially for those that keep track of their mow totals....lol and SMH. ;)

16 hours ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

I finished yesterday with 0.00" - can't say there wasn't a drop as I wasn't home, but the browning of the yard is happening quickly.

7 minutes ago, Voyager said:

I'm surprised no one is talking about the frost advisories in the northern tier counties. First ones of the season for PA, no?

Yes! And so it begins in the northern tier…

Frost Advisory

URGENT - WEATHER MESSAGE
National Weather Service State College PA
234 PM EDT Fri Sep 23 2022

PAZ005-006-037-042-240645-
/O.NEW.KCTP.FR.Y.0003.220924T0600Z-220924T1300Z/
McKean-Potter-Tioga-Sullivan-
Including the cities of Bradford, Coudersport, Mansfield,
Wellsboro, and Laporte
234 PM EDT Fri Sep 23 2022

...FROST ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 2 AM TO 9 AM EDT SATURDAY...

* WHAT...Temperatures as low as 34 will result in frost
  formation.

* WHERE...McKean, Potter, Tioga, and Sullivan Counties.

* WHEN...From 2 AM to 9 AM EDT Saturday.

* IMPACTS...Near-ground freezing temperatures could kill
  uncovered sensitive outdoor vegetation.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

Take steps now to protect tender plants and vegetation from the
cold. Potted plants should be brought inside.