Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Central PA Fall 2022

Bubbler86

14 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

GFS with a drought ender and major Florida panhandle hurricane is in the mid 200's hour wise.  Just for interest of viewing.  Actually a bit of a dangerous depiction for this area though it will change. 

image.thumb.png.3301c04cfe95d9528b5d7509c32030d2.png

That would almost be a repeat of Ida if that were to pan out. GFS and Euro really likes to bring this thing up near us run after run. Both want to turn this into a monster storm so there should be a huge rain shield attached to it regardless. Also depends if it doesn't die inland. 0z GFS and Euro show this thing getting into our neck of the woods and interacting with the trough near us so that might be interesting

I like how The Weather Channel is basically denying you access to the site now if you use an adblocker. It's like they don't realize there's dozens of other better sites to go check your weather on lol. It's kinda funny because Wunderground doesn't do that despite being owned by them as well. Like I'm all for supporting sites with their ads as long as the ads aren't intrusive or harmful but it's just funny how they think that's going to make people switch them off

5 hours ago, TheDreamTraveler said:

I like how The Weather Channel is basically denying you access to the site now if you use an adblocker. It's like they don't realize there's dozens of other better sites to go check your weather on lol. It's kinda funny because Wunderground doesn't do that despite being owned by them as well. Like I'm all for supporting sites with their ads as long as the ads aren't intrusive or harmful but it's just funny how they think that's going to make people switch them off

The Weather channel has really went down hill. 

As mentioned so many other sites out there.

Last 10 days have mowed the grass 3 times.

7 hours ago, TheDreamTraveler said:

I don't ever switch my adblocker off. My adblocker tells me how many ads were blocked, and on some sites, it's close to 50.

Just like sites (mostly news entities) that are behind a pay wall. I just go elsewhere. Screw them.

2 hours ago, Voyager said:

I don't ever switch my adblocker off. My adblocker tells me how many ads were blocked, and on some sites, it's close to 50.

Just like sites (mostly news entities) that are behind a pay wall. I just go elsewhere. Screw them.

those idiots do not realize that loading up ads significantly slows down my time for looking at the radar and seconds are important.  Like everyone else has just said- they are now gone from my viewing. Boy are they stupid. 

• Like 1

Special Weather Statement

Special Weather Statement
National Weather Service State College PA
609 AM EDT Thu Sep 22 2022

PAZ056-057-059-063-065-066-221100-
Perry PA-York PA-Lancaster PA-Cumberland PA-Lebanon PA-Dauphin PA-
609 AM EDT Thu Sep 22 2022

...A STRONG THUNDERSTORM WILL IMPACT NORTHWESTERN LANCASTER...
NORTHWESTERN YORK...SOUTHERN DAUPHIN...CUMBERLAND...SOUTHEASTERN
PERRY AND SOUTHWESTERN LEBANON COUNTIES THROUGH 700 AM EDT...

At 608 AM EDT, Doppler radar was tracking a strong thunderstorm near
Carlisle, moving east at 50 mph.

HAZARD...Winds up to 40 mph and pea size hail.

SOURCE...Radar indicated.

IMPACT...Gusty winds could knock down tree limbs and blow around
         unsecured objects. Minor hail damage to vegetation
         possible.

Locations impacted include...
Harrisburg, Lebanon, Carlisle, Lower Allen, Hershey, Colonial Park,
Elizabethtown, Progress, Mechanicsburg, Middletown, Camp Hill, Mount
Joy, Palmyra, New Cumberland, Linglestown, Enola, Steelton, Annville,
Lemoyne and Hummelstown.

3 hours ago, Greensnow said:

Over 6" now for the month up here. Heavy rain last night and this AM. 

No drought in Northern PA and the mowing season will be a long one- unless we get some October snow! :snowing:

Yeah my grass has somewhat recovered, although it could use another watering.  Looking like once into next week, cooler temps and a shot at some more on monday should help.

Happy FALL y'all....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bubbler86 said:

Slightly late nooner.  87 and sunny in OC, MD.  Only warm day I will have here but took advantage as Fiona is kicking up 9-11 foot waves that threw me down into the surf more than once.   Love the big wave action.    Cold front coming to end my beach days.

I was thinking about the waves that you must be experiencing - ever since I was a child I was always captivated by huge breakers. More than a little jealous of you right now. Enjoy your time away.