Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA Fall 2022

Bubbler86

2 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

LOL, you actually are officially in a drought right now...or on the line of it. The D0 star line starts right about at Marysville!  LOL. 

Lol, Not in my yard. 
Everything is very green & growing strong.

Tomatoes are doing very well. 

I’ll be harvesting them until Halloween.

I have not watered anything for a couple of weeks.

10 hours ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

Lots of mowing in my future.

No drought here!

10 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

LOL, you actually are officially in a drought right now...or on the line of it. The D0 star line starts right about at Marysville!  LOL. 

8 hours ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

Lol, Not in my yard. 

i have to mow every 3-4 days like spring. i love mowing, but i'm kinda over it honestly. I mowed Friday after work and I should have mowed yesterday. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

i have to mow every 3-4 days like spring. i love mowing, but i'm kinda over it honestly. I mowed Friday after work and I should have mowed yesterday. 

We are still not super dry from the rains earlier in the month but if I did not water the plants in pots and the ground, daily, they would be gone in 2-3 days.       9 days without rain now. By far the longest stretch here since last winter. 

9 hours ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

Lol, Not in my yard. 

The drought map is not just recent rains vs. soil moisture and stream flows over a long period of time.  Your area has still not recovered from the dry summer though, as you alluded to, this is the weakest of all drought classification to be in. 

I can't recall the last time that I didn't HAVE to mow in November. I don't think I've mowed after Thanksgiving save for my "snow mows". 

Having said that, right now I'm mowing about every 5-6 days. Until the last 7 days I've gotten just enough rain timed that I've had to keep mowing with some consistency. But, things are rapidly drying out in my area. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

Lol, Not in my yard. 

If I wasn't watering my veggies and plants 1-2 times a day, everything in my yard would be dead. 

1 hour ago, Itstrainingtime said:

If I wasn't watering my veggies and plants 1-2 times a day, everything in my yard would be dead. 

I think some of these differences could depend on amount of sun re: all of our veggies get a lot. If it does not rain ever 2-3 days, it is watering time.  Going double digit days with no rain has only happened once in the last 4 years (until now) when I went a good 20+ days with no rain. 

i don't remember what year, but Christmas eve was pretty warm. We were in the "eggnog" early, so i broke out my John Deere and mowed, shorts/t-shirt. People were driving by laughing I did it just to say i did :D

Later that evening i went to the family Christmas party wearing my swim trunks and Hawaiian Leis 

4 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I think some of these differences could depend on amount of sun re: all of our veggies get a lot. If it does not rain ever 2-3 days, it is watering time.  Going double digit days with no rain has only happened once in the last 4 years (until now) when I went a good 20+ days with no rain. 

Yes. Most of my garden is full sun. And your timing is right, last week after it rained I didn't need to water the following day, but the day after that it was drying out quickly. I've watered every day since then. 

4 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Yes. Most of my garden is full sun. And your timing is right, last week after it rained I didn't need to water the following day, but the day after that it was drying out quickly. I've watered every day since then. 

Speaking of the sun, it is quite warm out in it right now.  EB Nooners at 75 degrees. 

10 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

i don't remember what year, but Christmas eve was pretty warm. We were in the "eggnog" early, so i broke out my John Deere and mowed, shorts/t-shirt. People were driving by laughing I did it just to say i did :D

Later that evening i went to the family Christmas party wearing my swim trunks and Hawaiian Leis 

2015 or so, iirc. It was almost 75 if I remember right. 

It's breezy this morning. 

• Like 1

While looking for the year of the Sauss Hawaiian Christmas party, I noticed the MDT Christmas High Record of 66 set in 1889.  Turns out that is the oldest record in their books.   I find it interesting that the Christmas MDT High Temp record is the oldest record the station has.  It also hit 66 on Dec 26th, 1889 which is also a record.   Wonder if those wankers were complaining about global warming over the 1889 Christmas table? 

Note the period of record for MDT is: 1888-07-01 to 2022-09-19.  

3 minutes ago, canderson said:

That's scary close to Tampa Bay

Yep, the science is there that if it turns in at the wrong angle, its lights out.  I evacuated Bradenton for Irma in 2017, changed course at the last moment, and the water in Tampa Bay pulled back into/toward the Gulf.  People were walking in the bay. 

See the source image

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

GFS with a drought ender and major Florida panhandle hurricane is in the mid 200's hour wise.  Just for interest of viewing.  Actually a bit of a dangerous depiction for this area though it will change. 

image.thumb.png.3301c04cfe95d9528b5d7509c32030d2.png

I prefer my 990 lows to be tucked in just a few miles off of the coast of the DelMarVa!

• Haha 1