Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Central PA Fall 2022

Bubbler86

44 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Sticky 60/59 this AM.  Hoping for some lucky rain today.  HRRR gets eastern LSV until the mid 80's prior to the front today.   Long term GFS is wetter which is certainly good news big picture. Still under 1" for the LSV the next 15 days but at least not bone dry. 

Only got down to 64 here this morning. That's probably pretty unusual for temps to be that mild on a clear night in the last half of September.

13 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Only got down to 64 here this morning. That's probably pretty unusual for temps to be that mild on a clear night in the last half of September.

Had me curious.  The Max min for today at MDT is 71 in 1965.   Boy imagine the mood here if it did not break 70 one night in later Sept.  LOL. 

2 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

What was the A/C set on at the big moment of birth?  LOL.  Happy Birthday 12 days late!

We didn't have AC in our house until I was a teenager. What's even worse is prior to that, my parents had a window unit in their room so they were sleeping well while I was steaming (literally and figuratively) in the room down the hallway...

21 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

We didn't have AC in our house until I was a teenager. What's even worse is prior to that, my parents had a window unit in their room so they were sleeping well while I was steaming (literally and figuratively) in the room down the hallway...

I figured the hospital was A/C'ed?  But like you, I never had AC until later in life when I moved out of my parents house.  I spent many a night with a small fan just inches from my face trying to sleep. 

27 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

5 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I figured the hospital was A/C'ed?  But like you, I never had AC until later in life when I moved out of my parents house.  I spent many a night with a small fan just inches from my face trying to sleep. 

add me to the no AC list. When we were kids and played outside all day, last thing i did was get a shower before i went to bed. i slowly turned all the hot water of and ended with a cold shower. Our bedrooms had window fans, it was like someone holding a hair dryer on you with the warm air blowing over you :D

3 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

add me to the no AC list. When we were kids and played outside all day, last thing i did was get a shower before i went to bed. i slowly turned all the hot water of and ended with a cold shower. Our bedrooms had window fans, it was like someone holding a hair dryer on you with the warm air blowing over you :D

Yep, the sweat got a nice blowing off but it never stopped pouring off me on hot and humid nights.   And you could not have any thing paper in the non A/C rooms as the humidity made it "damp".

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I sleep with a fan year round now, because well...65 inside just isn't cool enough. But I didn't have one back then to blow the hot air around. LOL

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

I've always gotten a shower right before bed. Always. I like going to be bed clean and cold. :)  

• Like 1