Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA Fall 2022

Bubbler86

16 minutes ago, Atomixwx said:

I'd go fight somebody if they tried to bullshit me saying Clearfield county, Du Bois notwithstanding, is abnormally dry.

I'd fight them during Lamb of God.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

They take a holistic, big picture view on those maps using stream guidance and soil moisture.   Re: if you got 1" of rain over 8 hours that will help lower this more vs. 4" in 30 min.   I have a client that works at USGS so I hear some stuff coming up.  They get people writing them, on FB, when they occasionally post these maps.  "It just rained and I am in D1, whaaa" and they explain it in a reply.    Much of their FB is shake/earthquake stuff which is fairly interesting. 

42 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Nationwide Drought map is pretty colorful.  In PA, small area still D1.  Larger D0.    Pillow still D0, MDT just out of it but may expand back in next week at this time. 

image.thumb.png.d541dd00c2972757def6a49e4ba7851c.png

image.thumb.png.8c0bddbcc71b1a071f4d6bd6c53a8b20.png

I’d rather be a little dry than a repeat of a year like 2018.   I recorded 15.96” of rain in September and couldn’t get anything done.  

23 minutes ago, Cashtown_Coop said:

I’d rather be a little dry than a repeat of a year like 2018.   I recorded 15.96” of rain in September and couldn’t get anything done.  

Down here that is all we will be though like I said the authority in Waynesboro has warned that grass watering may be legally curtailed next week.  Lots of people over seeding and watering their grass. Areas already in drought may not have fun the next 3 weeks if progs are close to right.   I took a cursory look at MDT since April and the longest stretch MDT has gone without .1" of rain was 10 days.  GFS is talking almost double that at 18 days unless they get a surprise early next week.    Just model talk and not a forecast.  

Down here that is all we will be though like I said the authority in Waynesboro has warned that grass watering may be legally curtailed next week.  Lots of people over seeding and watering their grass. Areas already in drought may not have fun the next 3 weeks if progs are close to right.   I took a cursory look at MDT since April and the longest stretch MDT has gone without .1" of rain was 10 days.  GFS is talking almost double that at 18 days unless they get a surprise early next week.    Just model talk and not a forecast.  
Ah yes. Waynesboro borough has chosen to utilize dog piss as its preferred method of lawn growth for the remainder of the season.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

37 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

cant lie....I wore a jacket to work....

go ahead....take your shots at me...I'm a big boy and can take it. :lol:

11 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

what the..........Next you'll be drinking White Claws :D

I mean...I don't have anything nice to say so I'll see myself out of this one. :)  

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

what the..........Next you'll be drinking White Claws :D

thats not happenin pal.  that sh!t sucks....well maybe the berry might be ok in an extreme pinch...(only tasted, never had a can in my hand.

Y'all don't have to think any less of me than you already do...

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Cashtown_Coop said:

2018-2019 was absolutely insane. I still can't believe how much it rained. My parents lost so many trees due to how soft the soil was and that EF0 tornado we had in 2018 nearby

39 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

One of the many arguments against the not dehydrated theory. 

looks like your blanket statement doesnt necessarily hold water...or does it??

Looks like Sauss (and I ) are rather safe.....and hydrated.  

https://learningtohomebrew.com/does-beer-count-towards-water-fluid-intake-can-it-hydrate/

or for you hiker/fitness folks worried about your before/after intake.

https://www.backpacker.com/news-and-events/hallelujah-beer-hydrates-better-than-water/

and alas...we have been trained to follow the science.. so drink up...I mean here it is...

https://jissn.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s12970-015-0088-5

@canderson....you're on your own buddy.  Not sure what beers in wine glasses do to studies...:P

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, pasnownut said:

looks like your blanket statement doesnt necessarily hold water...or does it??

Looks like Sauss (and I ) are rather safe.....and hydrated.  

https://learningtohomebrew.com/does-beer-count-towards-water-fluid-intake-can-it-hydrate/

or for you hiker/fitness folks worried about your before/after intake.

https://www.backpacker.com/news-and-events/hallelujah-beer-hydrates-better-than-water/

and alas...we have been trained to follow the science.. so drink up...I mean here it is...

https://jissn.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s12970-015-0088-5

@canderson....you're on your own buddy.  Not sure what beers in wine glasses do to studies...:P

I haven't had a beer since :checks notes: last Saturday! 

33 minutes ago, canderson said:

I haven't had a beer since :checks notes: last Saturday! 

Wait, is there a discussion going on that beer hydrates you?  LOL. Beer that is 1 or 2ABV maybe but not the typical 4-5 ABV beer from everything I know.  Beer is not as bad as drinking a shot of whiskey is... you are getting some water absorbed from the beer but you are going to pee out almost all hydration.    My funny comment was people who argue that drinking a spiked water is hydration and can be substituted for a glass of water.   Same as beer.  

Although there’s no denying the tastiness and appeal of hard seltzers like White Claw, it’s worth remembering that people's claims about their supposed health benefits aren’t all they’re cracked up to be. Take, for instance, the many jokes circulating the internet about how “hydrating” White Claw is. Not to burst your bubble, but it’s, uh… not. This by no means a knock against White Claw itself, or even against hard seltzer more generally — it is, after all, delicious. Just don’t expect it to keep you hydrated as you imbibe; it’s no substitute for plain old water.

"Though hard seltzers are made with sparkling water, they still cause dehydration, based on the alcohol being a diuretic," Dr. Scott Braunstein, M.D., medical director of health provider Sollis Health, tells Bustle. "They impact hydration in the same way as other alcohols."

Studies have looked at whether alcoholic drinks are capable of being hydrating — and the results suggest that they can’t, really. A study published in the Journal of Applied Physiology in 1997 looked at whether there was a difference in recovery from dehydration induced by working out in the heat when consuming alcohol-free beverages versus beverages with alcohol. The researchers found that there was no difference in recovery between beverages that were alcohol-free and those which contained up to 2% alcohol; however, drinks containing 4% alcohol were found to “delay the recovery process.” This is why, Braunstein says, you need to drink water in between alcoholic beverages to prevent dehydration.