Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA Fall 2022

Bubbler86

19 hours ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Wanted to mention that my buddies and I are taking our annual Penn State road trip this week -- heading out for Auburn Thursday night.  It's our first time to SEC country so we're pretty pumped.  The good guys are 12-2 on the these trips so naturally we are bringing them some good mojo ha.  Weather looks absolutely perfect.  Can't wait! 

Sounds like a great time....win or lose...but lets hope for the win.

• Like 1

As its about time to start looking at maps as we approach Autumn, it looks like once beyond next weeks mini warmup, 2m temp anomalies are losing the deep reds and replacing w/ white and shades of blue as we get into the first weekend of Autumn (and beyond).  500 maps on ens guidance dont look too bad either.  Not diving in any deeper cause its post 240, but verbatim, I'll sign.  

Yes, this map was cherry picked for maximum wow factor ;)

gfs-ens_z500a_us_54.png

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Not sure where it heads from there but that would end thoughts of an impending drought pretty quickly. 

It hits the Central and Eastern LSV pretty good.    Was not there at 0Z.   It is 10 days away though so things will be super dry even if that occurred.  

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

As its about time to start looking at maps as we approach Autumn, it looks like once beyond next weeks mini warmup, 2m temp anomalies are losing the deep reds and replacing w/ white and shades of blue as we get into the first weekend of Autumn (and beyond).  500 maps on ens guidance dont look too bad either.  Not diving in any deeper cause its post 240, but verbatim, I'll sign.  

gfs-ens_z500a_us_54.png

Where is my 540 line. LOL!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

Yeah, this is rather acceptable.  I turned AC off for hopefully the last time (although next week may change that).  

It has had quite a long run this season...

me too. but like you said, next week summer wants to continue. I need to split wood, i've been waiting for cooler temps

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

That’s surprising considering all of the rain that we received in early September. There is no longer a deficit for the year to date as well.

I need to mow for the second time this week!

We have only received about 1/3 of the normal rain for Aug and Sept.  Prior we were doing great.     Our little Rouzerville pond is way down suddenly   2-3 weeks with no rain at all is the worry.  

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, pasnownut said:

gfs-ens_z500a_us_54.png

It’s always good to see this kind of map.

Keep the warmth in the Southwest for @Voyager to enjoy!

• Like 1

I am sure it has happened before but can't recall an area this size, on the East Coast, showing little to no precip during a non winter month.  Even during the really dry summer back several years (here) it always showed at least .25" of convective rain.   From Harrisburg to Atlanta.   The fantasy Cane is gone. 

image.png.a4aa141592b42d91d34664487ec395de.png