Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
Central PA Fall 2022

Bubbler86

On 9/9/2022 at 6:40 PM, canderson said:

No idea. Fun story: when we first moved here a person recommended it as a good steakhouse. 

We went and left mid meal, not sure I’ve ever been to a worse chain restaurant. Ick!

Reminder....many peeps don't have a refined palate and quest only 5 star food/beer venues.

For many, coors light is just fine and totally acceptable.  I'll not judge them.  Hoss's in its day was (and still is) a fantastic value...especially for folks that may not make as much as others, and for them it may be one of a few remaining affordable eat out options...especially as prices continue to blow through the roof. 

You should feel blessed to be able to refine that pallet of yours buddy boy.  BTW, i still owe you a wine glass full of beer ;)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pasnownut said:

Reminder....many peeps don't have a refined palate and quest only 5 star food/beer venues.

For many, coors light is just fine and totally acceptable.  I'll not judge them.  Hoss's in its day was (and still is) a fantastic value...especially for folks that may not make as much as others, and for them it may be one of a few remaining affordable eat out options...especially as prices continue to blow through the roof. 

You should feel blessed to be able to refine that pallet of yours buddy boy.  BTW, i still owe you a wine glass full of beer ;)

My in laws have always taken me out for my birthday. My go to place for year was the Hoss's by the airport. Sad to see it go. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pasnownut said:

Oh very true, I wasn't meaning to be dismissive if it came off that way! Apologies if so. 

I will always say Cours Light is just foul-tasting water, though! :) 

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

8 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

My in laws have always taken me out for my birthday. My go to place for year was the Hoss's by the airport. Sad to see it go. 

Many, mannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnny years ago, when Hoss's first came to this area (Mechanicsburg) they were pretty decent. I haven't eaten at one in 15 years. The last time i did, i was in the middle of building my house and didn't have a kitchen. We stopped at one as it was close to the Sherwin Williams i was getting paint at. I'm honestly not sure what they brought me was actual real beef. I have never been back. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

Many, mannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnny years ago, when Hoss's first came to this area (Mechanicsburg) they were pretty decent. I haven't eaten at one in 15 years. The last time i did, i was in the middle of building my house and didn't have a kitchen. We stopped at one as it was close to the Sherwin Williams i was getting paint at. I'm honestly not sure what they brought me was actual real beef. I have never been back. 

we call it "mystery meat"....:lol:

8 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

There was a Hoss's in Etown and by the airport down this way. The quality of the food at the airport was location was always FAR better than in Etown. The Etown location was far more convenient for me but it was worth the drive to go farther to get better food. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

There was a Hoss's in Etown and by the airport down this way. The quality of the food at the airport was location was always FAR better than in Etown. The Etown location was far more convenient for me but it was worth the drive to go farther to get better food. 

similar thing. Mechanicsburg was way better then the one in Enola. You could have given me a lifelong free voucher for the one in Enola and i would not have eaten there. They have since been closed. i wouldn't know why though :blink:

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

similar thing. Mechanicsburg was way better then the one in Enola. You could have given me a lifelong free voucher for the one in Enola and i would not have eaten there. They have since been closed. i wouldn't know why though :blink:

Enola is the one we went to; seriously Taco Bell was a fine dining experience to what we had there. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Itstrainingtime said:

They need to do something to take the pressure off of the one at Belmont. 

I like Chick-fil-A a lot...but it seems like the reputation has outgrown the quality. 

I dont have the patience to wait in line, so I always go elsewhere, but my kid and his fiance love it.  

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

I dont have the patience to wait in line, so I always go elsewhere, but my kid and his fiance love it.  

I eat at Chick Fill it, the lords chicken (drives my daughter nuts when i call it that)  once a year. we stop at the one in Amish country on the way to the beach for a breakfast samich. 

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

The lines are long but they move you through faster than most drive throughs with only 2-3 cards. It's crazy.

But I order on the app and go in and pick up. Easy peasy. Same with Starbucks. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, sauss06 said:

I ate at the Enola one once and you're not kidding. It's pretty awful

• Like 1

1 hour ago, canderson said:

Huge forecast bust today for the majority of us. 90% chance of .25” and it has been partly cloudy since 2 pm. Not even close to a raindrop as the line out west collapses and truncates northward.  

Yep, finished today with .19" here and a couple hundredths of that came just after midnight.