Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
Winter 2022-23 Discussion

Hoosier

3 hours ago, buckeye said:

43 pages in their winter spec thread.  I suspect they'll be cancelling winter by next week.

Most of them probably won't even break 15" this winter.  

I guess there is something to be said for chasing the big one, which that area certainly pulls off from time to time, but individual storms aren't even forecastable this far out.

On 10/29/2022 at 8:52 AM, Frog Town said:

I love your insight but stay away, lol.  

On 10/29/2022 at 10:44 AM, michsnowfreak said:

Welcome back to the Great Lakes. But screw your rooting lol

:lol: I haven't had winter since March of 2019 really so it'll hit me like a ton of bricks, still running the AC down here even. Not to go too OT but I'm somewhat glad, the CoL has gotten out of control with remote workers flooding the region to the point that Novi would be a cheaper suburb in Charleston.

5 hours ago, nwohweather said:

:lol: I haven't had winter since March of 2019 really so it'll hit me like a ton of bricks, still running the AC down here even. Not to go too OT but I'm somewhat glad, the CoL has gotten out of control with remote workers flooding the region to the point that Novi would be a cheaper suburb in Charleston.

I work remotely but I'm staying right here lol. When do you return?

3 hours ago, A-L-E-K said:

the good thing about hoosier being de-modded for what can charitably be described as repeat pedo adjacent comments and stebo being refused the job for some unspecified reason, is it's pretty much a free for all now

should be a good winter

so no mod this winter and the Ohio crowd has yet to self-quarantine....

Juice up the storm track and it's gonna be thunderdome in here.

wasteland-thunderdome.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

So anyway, going off memory, it seems the last three Novembers have started off pretty warm during these three consecutive La Nina's. If this winter also follows suit the best hope for big snows IMBY would be a lake-effect event in December with synoptic snows in February. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, sbnwx85 said:

So anyway, going off memory, it seems the last three Novembers have started off pretty warm during these three consecutive La Nina's. If this winter also follows suit the best hope for big snows IMBY would be a lake-effect event in December with synoptic snows in February. 

2020 was particularly warm in Nov.  I don't remember it last year so much.