• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
New England heavy rain event Sept 5/6 2022. Does this end the summer drought?

wxeyeNH

44 minutes ago, SJonesWX said:

i had a somewhat similar experience in Huntington Beach when I was 14. was surfing having a great day. was getting tired so i was heading to the shore. got off my board to walk in the waist-deep water and got washed out by a huge wave. as i was getting up, got hit again and started getting pulled out/under and my quads started cramping up. i literally could not get up. fortunately my sister and a couple friends were there to haul me out. if not for them, i would probably still be out there

Yikes!   Great surf on those beaches though.  I’m glad you’re still here!

3 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

Damn. Yea I have been washing machined a couple of times. Also slammed face first into the sand. Got back on the horse everytime. The rush of adrenaline on top of a 15 foot wave seeing past the dunes into the coastal ponds is comparable to dropping into a double black diamond.  

Never did a faceplant but several times got top-of-head rammed into the sand.  Fortunately my head is hard; was tested at age 5 when I fell backwards 5+ feet on a rocky slope and landed head-first (right side of forehead) on one of the rocks.  Friend said I bled "like the Red Sea."  And I'd chicken out on 15-footers, even when I was 18.  Six was about my speed.

1 hour ago, tamarack said:

Never did a faceplant but several times got top-of-head rammed into the sand.  Fortunately my head is hard; was tested at age 5 when I fell backwards 5+ feet on a rocky slope and landed head-first (right side of forehead) on one of the rocks.  Friend said I bled "like the Red Sea."  And I'd chicken out on 15-footers, even when I was 18.  Six was about my speed.

Head wounds are the worst! 

On 9/7/2022 at 8:41 AM, scoob40 said:

That total at CEF is bogus. Western Mass News on Liberty Street at the Chicopee line recorded about 3.7. At my house about a mile from CEF as the crow fliees it was 3.83". i wouldn't give a nickel for their readings. Half the time thier AWOS is offline and the other half its incorrect.

Ok that's even better then