• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
New England heavy rain event Sept 5/6 2022. Does this end the summer drought?

wxeyeNH

36 minutes ago, Vinny Findley said:

Thought for sure I'd hit 10". Need another .32. Not looking like it will happen. Radar looked like a lock for it this morning. Only .31 since 11:00 AM. Big time drought buster for this area any way!

Is that like 20-25% of your annual average for water?  That’s wild.

3 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

I don't melt about specific events, but I will say when Scooter had some melts about that pattern...it did change. Voo doo FTW.

You had a mini melt before 3/4/19. You were all “congrats powderfreak. Congrats dendrite” every run that wiggled north. 

Then we made fun of you for b**ching your way to 17-18 inches, lol. 

46 minutes ago, Vinny Findley said:

Thought for sure I'd hit 10". Need another .32. Not looking like it will happen. Radar looked like a lock for it this morning. Only .31 since 11:00 AM. Big time drought buster for this area any way!

Might be one last hurrah…not sure if it will be enough for 3 tenths but it has a chance if you can get under one of the heavier echoes and they don’t weaken. 

2DAECF32-844C-427B-8454-5F075CD5AB88.gif

Just now, CoastalWx said:

Ok well maybe that one. 

I think my one melt in the middle of an event was the firehose rain storm in mid-March 2010. We missed a 2-3 foot paste bomb by like 1C over the interior. (We actually had a little wet snow at the beginning)

Everyone has at least one. Some have hundreds, lol. 

15 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

I think my one melt in the middle of an event was the firehose rain storm in mid-March 2010. We missed a 2-3 foot paste bomb by like 1C over the interior. (We actually had a little wet snow at the beginning)

Everyone has at least one. Some have hundreds, lol. 

January 2014 here.  Leon can eat a fat one.  Cutter-suppression-cutter-suppression-cutter-suppression.  More inches of rain than snow for 2-3 weeks.