• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
New England heavy rain event Sept 5/6 2022. Does this end the summer drought?

wxeyeNH

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

Safe to say we won’t have Stein mentioned on here again this warm season?

there is 0% chance that Stein isn't mentioned. if we get 2 days without any precip, people on here will be talking about him again.

Oh, and the next "drought" monitor comes out tommorow, and it won't include the rain from today. so Stein will live on

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, SJonesWX said:

there is 0% chance that Stein isn't mentioned. if we get 2 days without any precip, people on here will be talking about him again.

Oh, and the next "drought" monitor comes out tommorow, and it won't include the rain from today. so Stein will live on

It is Steintember after all.

lol at "no rain after today"

We'll see scattered showers throughout the day tomorrow. I wouldn't rule out the potential for a sneak band of rain to even impact portions of the outer Cape. 

Sure we'll dry out the end of the week with high pressure building in but 3-4 days of no rain doesn't make for "Stein".

then next week...there is a boatload of moisture which will be transported up along the East Coast. With these stronger fronts and subsequently deeper trough digging into the Plains we'll be establishing deep southerly-to-southwesterly flows throughout the column...a far cry from what we were able to do during the summer. 

We just got widespread 2-3''+ of rain. The drought stuff before was fun but come on...we went into summer abnormally dry and widespread synoptic rain events aren't typically very common in the summer...we usually rely on convection (granted this certainly underperformed). Now we're moving into the cool season where odds for cyclogensis increases and we get more moving pieces and deeper/stronger troughs plus not to mention very warm waters (high PWAT city).

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, TheBudMan said:

2.85" here.   Bye bye :stein: nice to know ya.  When should I drop fert @Damage In Tolland       this rain will be good primer for the Cat 2 coming Sep 25 :damage:

i'm doing some aerating this weekend, and dropping some jg fall magic.  The question for me is how soon after I need to drop the fall fertilzer