• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
New England heavy rain event Sept 5/6 2022. Does this end the summer drought?

wxeyeNH

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

That's a good slug of rain into CT. That 2-3 additional may verify there from earlier.

Its crazy how the big QPF is always to my south now a days.....its either a large anomaly that is going to regress soon, or climate change. All kidding aside, I have honestly began to seriously ponder it. I  know you are going to shrug it off by explaining the unpredictable nuances that dictate where convection fires, etc, but its keeps happening.

Just now, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Its crazy how the big QPF is always to my south now a days.....its either a large anomaly that is going to regress soon, or climate change. All kidding aside, I have honestly began to seriously ponder it. I  know you are going to shrug it off by explaining the unpredictable nuances that dictate where convection fires, etc, but its keeps happening.

Summer stuff is even more variable then winter though. You and me are just in a hole this summer, maybe worse there. How would CC explain a donut hole?

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

Summer stuff is even more variable then winter though. You and me are just in a hole this summer, maybe worse there. How would CC explain a donut hole?

You gotta look at the bigger picture, though....this has been going on up here for several years now. I give it 2 more seasons....if it happens this winter, and again next season, then I would be convinced that its climate change....not even joking.

2 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

You gotta look at the bigger picture, though....this has been going on up here for several years now. I give it 2 more seasons....if it happens this winter, and again next season, then I would be convinced that its climate change....not even joking.

Wouldn’t further south be closer to having the ocean on two sides (south and east)?  Does that proximity to moisture rich source have anything to do with it?

7 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Wouldn’t further south be closer to having the ocean on two sides (south and east)?  Does that proximity to moisture rich source have anything to do with it?

6 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Read my mind.

That is why ORH is such a weenie spot for snow....near the southern end of ridge of higher terrain that jettisons down in a wedge between each respective coast, just removed enough to avoid thermal marine influence, why still availing of enhanced moisture influx....said influx is augmented even more when easterly flow from the ocean ascends up the spine of the ridge.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Jenkins said:

That strip from southern Connecticut through Rhode Island is a magnet for enhanced rainfall totals in these setups. Anytime you get a boundary to stall across that part of the state and have enhanced convergence then throw in nocturnal scenarios where you get additional enhancement from LLJ you can bet that corridor is going to overperform, especially when you're talking about SSTA's well above the average. 

36 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

That is why ORH is such a weenie spot for snow....near the southern end of ridge of higher terrain that jettisons down in a wedge between each respective coast, just removed enough to avoid thermal marine influence, why still availing of enhanced moisture influx....said influx is augmented even more when easterly flow from the ocean ascends up the spine of the ridge.

Triggered. 

• Haha 5