• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
New England heavy rain event Sept 5/6 2022. Does this end the summer drought?

wxeyeNH

1 minute ago, WxWatcher007 said:

The melts will be epic in far southern CT if the rest of the state floods and they get a trace :lol: 

lol I'm so relieved I got my 2" earlier .. The heaviest rains and jack could easily be just north of this area but could also get completely shut out as some guidance shows.. I think Overnight and tomorrow  the shore will get there's.. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

lol I'm so relieved I got my 2" earlier .. The heaviest rains and jack could easily be just north of this area but could also get completely shut out as some guidance shows.. I think Overnight and tomorrow  the shore will get there's.. 

Yep nothing here so far while areas 10 miles north get pounded...same ol same ol-new GFS however is very wet here...

gfs_apcpn_neus_6.png

4 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Any Mets want to explain why that stuff in RI won’t push in?

2022-09-05_18-05-46.png

There is a nice pool of low level moisture over much of SNE, but the best surface convergence through the low levels is across CT, then arcs northeast along the coastal front/sea breeze. The convergence is also stronger in CT than along the coastal front. It's really slamming in from the south.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Just now, OceanStWx said:

2022-09-05_18-05-46.png

There is a nice pool of low level moisture over much of SNE, but the best surface convergence through the low levels is across CT, then arcs northeast along the coastal front/sea breeze. The convergence is also stronger in CT than along the coastal front. It's really slamming in from the south.

Yeah this area of LL convergence was over the pike region earlier this morning when we saw that initial area of convective training…it’s been sinking south all day. No surprise it’s now training down there where it has settled. 

It's raining.  Seasons in seasons as they say in LA.  We once went 7 months without one drop of rain!

Honestly this system to me seems pretty well modeled for MBY.  Looks like a nice big rain event without the serious flood worries people in CT/RI may experience but who knows?  My French drain may be put to the test after a long rest.  I have never experienced basement flooding in this house thanks to it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, weathafella said:

It's raining.  Seasons in seasons as they say in LA.  We once went 7 months without one drop of rain!

Honestly this system to me seems pretty well modeled for MBY.  Looks like a nice big rain event without the serious flood worries people in CT/RI may experience but who knows?  My French drain may be put to the test after a long rest.  I have never experienced basement flooding in this house thanks to it.

Most importantly. Judge hit #54 today as the chase for 62 gets more real by the day . I’ve had him pegged at 62 since July 1.. but maybe he goes higher 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, jbenedet said:

Coming back home to Dover NH from eastern Long Island. On the cross island ferry right now, about halfway from new London. Will be arriving in new London in 30 min. Pissed seeing the training and flooding. Not sure if I’m worse off going 395 from new London or through providence on 495.

I think staying away from Providence completely is a wise choice. 
Still no let up on radar

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Imagine where they'd be without him as is likely next season.....

There’s zero chance he’s not back next year. He wins the MVP which is a lock .. it’s going to be a record contract . Yanks brass gambled and lost. He gambled on himself and will not only get to stay in NY where he wants to play , but also walks away with a record deal . I know so many Sox fans that are rooting for him. You simply can’t root against him. He’s just that good of a guy . He is exactly what baseball needed . He has brought back so many that gave up on the best game there is 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, jbenedet said:

Coming back home to Dover NH from eastern Long Island. On the cross island ferry right now, about halfway from new London. Will be arriving in new London in 30 min. Pissed seeing the training and flooding. Not sure if I’m worse off going 395 from new London or through providence on 495.

Don’t see many pics of 395 flooding, 95 in Providence is a mess

• Thanks 1