Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
September 2022 Observations

yotaman

3 hours ago, nwohweather said:

Jealous of everyone hitting below 60 this morning, unfortunately I'm too close to the ocean for that yet

Same here. Low of 64 this morning. Currently just after noon it is 77/65. Humidity still in the mid 60's here. Feels much better than it has been though.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, yotaman said:

10 days with no rain here. Another hot and humid day in store for us.

Looking long term, we may only have one or two rain chances through the end of the month. Barring any possible tropical activity, what you have now may be very close to what you end with for the month in the rain department. What a weird September 

1 hour ago, NorthHillsWx said:

Ummm I don’t believe that. We maxed out at 93.6. There is not way RDU was almost 5 degrees hotter than here!

Just picked up 0.05” from a quick but heavy shower. This was our first rain in 10 days.

I just mentally deduct 4-5 degrees from their high on warm sunny days.  The gave full-on UHI in effect.

• Like 1

FWIW I was in Morrisville/Briar Creek this afternoon and the Apple Watch said 97... not sure if that data came from KRDU though. High of 96 at the house in south Cary, I can believe 98.

No precip recorded today IMBY, only some good breezes. Currently 76 and falling.

Closer to the coast, nasty looking "S" shaped cell near NWS Newport right now. Should make for some interesting winds and waves tomorrow.

This is one of the most perfectly-timed seasonal changes I can recall. Yesterday, GSO hit a monthly peak high of 89 early afternoon. Around 2-3pm the cold front came through, winds shifted NW, and dewpoints and temperatures crashed. By this morning, it was 51 degrees. Now, dewpoints are in the 30s, and late afternoon temperatures have struggled to get out of the 60s under clear, crisp skies. Happy Autumn!

• Like 1