Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
September 2022 Observations

yotaman

• jburns pinned this topic

I got 2" this morning (9/4) and am getting another dowsing now. The rainforest climo, which dominated July and August here after a very dry mid Nov-May, seems to want to continue.

Despite a low tide having been as recently as 10PM, the rain I just got 11PM-midnight produced about as bad flooding of my street/yard as any this summer and quite possibly the worst. I'll have totals later (Edit: 2.02" putting me near 4.5" already this month) but this flooding was made worse by the 2" this morning as well as a very wet late August. My water table is sky high from all of the rain the last 66 days, nearly 30"! And only ~4" of this was from an organized tropical system, the precursor to Colin on July 1st. That makes this even more unusual.

More rain yesterday and especially overnight along with a new area of rain all adding to over 2" has me already near 7" for Sept so far! MBY went from among the driest in the SE US mid November through May leading to areas of cement hard soil requiring lots of sprinkler action to very wet/wetter than the vast majority of the SE since then (especially since July 1st) leading to a very high water table and a haven for mosquitoes. It is really amazing how much wetter this portion of the county has been in comparison to the western portion this summer!

6 hours ago, GaWx said:

It is really amazing how much wetter this portion of the county has been in comparison to the western portion this summer!

And it's been pretty wet out here in the western half, at least in the last few weeks.  If y'all have been getting so much more...

The two feet of water along the back fence finally drained on Wednesday.  Was expecting it to come back but it hasn't rained hard out here so far today.  Getting sick of clouds and rain and ready for some cooler fall days...

On 9/9/2022 at 6:16 PM, gtg947h said:

And it's been pretty wet out here in the western half, at least in the last few weeks.  If y'all have been getting so much more...

The two feet of water along the back fence finally drained on Wednesday.  Was expecting it to come back but it hasn't rained hard out here so far today.  Getting sick of clouds and rain and ready for some cooler fall days...

It has been insanely wet since the 4" from Colin on July 1st. Since my last report late yesterday morning, I've received another 1.74" of very much unneeded rainfall bringing me to a whopping 8.74" so far this month, ~34" since June 1st, and ~27" since July 1st!!

Where there isn't standing water, my grass is like a wet sponge. With that high of a water table, my AC condensation isn't draining properly as it has nowhere to go. All it can do is drain a little at a time. I have an automatic shutoff valve that shuts off the AC whenever the water in the drain pipe is backed up enough so as to prevent flooding inside near the air handler. That means only intermittent AC leading to warm and sticky inside. But there's a lot worse things than that including flooding!

Currently: what else is new? More rain though it is very light and already ending thank goodness!

On 9/9/2022 at 6:16 PM, gtg947h said:

When will it end? I got my AC working again but here comes more heavy thunderstorms, this time in a line with lots of CTG lightning.

Edit: Once again, I got well over 1" and it was within just 30 minutes. Street flooding again. Standing water throughout the yards.

13 hours ago, marsman said:

High of 86 today with .29" of rain. Felt like mid-July. Looking forward to the week ahead. Meanwhile, my maple trees have shed about 30% of their leaves. I don't see any signs of disease, my first thought is the worse than usual flood/drought pattern this year.

My biggest maple has been showing colors and shedding leaves for the past few weeks. I am also thinking it must be all the rain we had the last few months.