Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
New England Met Fall 2022 Banter

HoarfrostHubb

1 hour ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Britney Griner was released from Russian prison !

Prisoner swap between her and some Russian arms dealer known as the 'the merchant of death' apparently. Reminds me of that awesome Spielberg movie, 'Bridge of spies'

2 things:

1) awful trade we all know about Griner's height and athleticism by Viktor has that killer instinct you just can't teach- boom.

2) I believe @Chrisrotary12 among others are interested in the below topic. When you have the best podcast on the planet covering this issue- like I had to link it.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-12-08/odd-lots-podcast-how-climate-change-impacts-reinsurance-catastrophe-bonds?srnd=oddlots-podcast

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Yes if either a sibling or parent.  I had asked about it with my doc because I had a grandmother die of it but he said it had to be closer.  I got my first at 50.  That was …interesting 

I have one in Jan…. I’m 28. I’ve had various digestive issues for years, since I was a kid. had endoscopy earlier this year Nd now it’ll be the colonoscopy 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Britney Griner was released from Russian prison !

Prisoner swap between her and some Russian arms dealer known as the 'the merchant of death' apparently. Reminds me of that awesome Spielberg movie, 'Bridge of spies'

Yeah, not sure I feel good about this. Certainly wasn't an even swap!  There are others stuck there for less that don't get the attention because they have no celebrity status. She had been traveling there for years and MUST have known the rules. Friends that travel abroad for business are always briefed on what to expect as to whatever country they are in.

9 hours ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

I have one in Jan…. I’m 28. I’ve had various digestive issues for years, since I was a kid. had endoscopy earlier this year Nd now it’ll be the colonoscopy 

I’m 36 now and I’ve had Crohn’s disease since i was 13, so probably on about 9 or 10 colonoscopy procedures now, not bad at all, prep has gotten somewhat simpler too and easier. The first few time they only used anesthesia that provide a semi conscious state, that was different lol, but for many years now they have just put the patients right to sleep, best nap of the year

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Johnno said:

I’m 36 now and I’ve had Crohn’s disease since i was 13, so probably on about 9 or 10 colonoscopy procedures now, not bad at all, prep has gotten somewhat simpler too and easier. The first few time they only used anesthesia that provide a semi conscious state, that was different lol, but for many years now they have just put the patients right to sleep, best nap of the year

My cousin has Crohns, and my best friend has Cholitis. Neither are fun, and preventative maintenance is so important. Glad you keep tabs on it properly.

2 hours ago, Johnno said:

My wife has had it since she was 18, age 52 now.  Multiple surgeries.  Leads a full life. Tons of other major health issues but she will kick my ass in anything fitness related.  

On 12/8/2022 at 9:25 PM, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

I got the Cologuard test done. Covered by insurance every 3 years starting at 45; it’s pretty awesome. Still good to get a colonoscopy done as well, but can’t beat the convenience of a genetic test - almost as accurate (and in some cases, better since it can catch earlier stages) and far easier

3 minutes ago, alex said:

I got the Cologuard test done. Covered by insurance every 3 years starting at 45; it’s pretty awesome. Still good to get a colonoscopy done as well, but can’t beat the convenience of a genetic test - almost as accurate (and in some cases, better since it can catch earlier stages) and far easier

Interesting. I’m too young to get that test done and have it covered I think. I’m curious if I have a colitis or something 

8 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Interesting. I’m too young to get that test done and have it covered I think. I’m curious if I have a colitis or something 

If you think you have something like that, please go get yourself checked out! My best friend has it and it's no joke but with proper treatments he's doing just fine. Without treatment, who knows!