Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
New England Met Fall 2022 Banter

HoarfrostHubb

9 hours ago, QCD17 said:

I saw a headline yesterday that gas was going to drop toward $3/gallon due to lowering demand.  And now the stock market has rebounded a bit?  What a roller coaster these last few months have been.

Also lowering crude $$$ - under $80 for American earlier this week and a bit over $80 elsewhere.

On 11/30/2022 at 3:24 PM, HoarfrostHubb said:

RIP Christine McVie.  You made lovin fun

Been a F.M fan since 1977. She will be missed! We just saw Stevie Nicks in Mansfield several weeks back. We figure she doesn't have that long left... at least to tour either.  She can still rock at 74 years old! The show was FAR better than expected

3 hours ago, Cold Miser said:

This may be more than a sophomore slump.

Bring back Zappe.

Everything sucks. I mainly blame the coaching for destroying any progress he might have made in year 2, though. I think he could've been a serviceable QB if under the proper coaching (think Jared Goff, Alex Smith). 

I turned the TV off at halftime after the missed FG. It's unwatchable at this point. 

• Like 3

On 12/1/2022 at 8:13 AM, QCD17 said:

I saw a headline yesterday that gas was going to drop toward $3/gallon due to lowering demand.  And now the stock market has rebounded a bit?  What a roller coaster these last few months have been.

The Dow Jones is only down 5% on the year , SP about 15% . Big rebound in the indexes in the last 30 days . Fundamentals haven’t changed but it’s funny how there are other factors that can drive the bus 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Patricia has no Business (it seems) running any offense . I look to the patriots Brain trust and wonder wtf are they thinking , no wonder Mac was pissed earlier in the year before he had a job scare . 

He was pissed last night along with some other guys; Bill hasn't done a good job with coaches giving these guys a chance to succeed.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, NorthShoreWx said:

For the record, Wormtown Blizzard of '78 is pretty good.

Nice example of a British Brown ale.  Hop heads rule the roost so not many breweries actually packaging those anymore.  
Smuttynose Old Brown Dog is also a nice brown ale that’s widely available.  Peoples Pint Farmer Brown is similar but a hint richer.  Only really available in W MA though. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Nice example of a British Brown ale.  Hop heads rule the roost so not many breweries actually packaging those anymore.  
Smuttynose Old Brown Dog is also a nice brown ale that’s widely available.  Peoples Pint Farmer Brown is similar but a hint richer.  Only really available in W MA though. 

Dogfish Head made a nice variant.  Indian Brown Ale.  

And my friends brew.

https://kelsenbrewing.com/portfolio/paradigm-brown-ale/

• Like 2

2 hours ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Yeah, and the stouts are mostly munged with coffee and chocolate.  I've had the Smuttynose.  Like the 78 better. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, NorthShoreWx said:

Yeah, and the stouts are mostly munged with coffee and chocolate.  I've had the Smuttynose.  Like the 78 better. 

78 is a little bit more of a nod to a classic English pub beer. But yeah, so many of the available packaged stouts are laden with lactose, chocolate, coffee and other adjuncts. 

A straight Oatmeal Stout or Porter is tough to find these days in the stores.  There are still breweries making them but most package stores don't carry them or they are only available on premise at the breweries. 

It might be time to bring back the beer thread...

• Like 1

What’s going on with the crypto FTX scandal is one the most blatant openly biased and “paid for /protected “ behavior of a CEO whose company took billions of customer dollars and is being protected by many as he was second biggest political donor . 

It’s honestly a good case study if you aren’t emotionally hooked to a party to be unwilling to find fault in them (**bc you worry admitting that will weaken your side against the party you dislike) which you can’t stomach . For the benefit of your kids and everyone , People need to stop having 2’nd grade level processing about “their candidates “ when someone for either side of the aisle is this blatantly paid for , you need to do better and stop worrying it will “hurt your party” to see the embarrassing nature of this   ( I was never invested ) but SBF is very connected if you didn’t know ..and his media coverage has mostly mirrored that to the point of (without hyperbole)  being embarrassing .

For the record , as most know I think both parties are chalk full of professional liars who say what folks want to hear and believe to secure a vote and further their careers . 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 12/5/2022 at 9:14 AM, STILL N OF PIKE said:

What’s going on with the crypto FTX scandal is one the most blatant openly biased and “paid for /protected “ behavior of a CEO whose company took billions of customer dollars and is being protected by many as he was second biggest political donor . 

It’s honestly a good case study if you aren’t emotionally hooked to a party to be unwilling to find fault in them (**bc you worry admitting that will weaken your side against the party you dislike) which you can’t stomach . For the benefit of your kids and everyone , People need to stop having 2’nd grade level processing about “their candidates “ when someone for either side of the aisle is this blatantly paid for , you need to do better and stop worrying it will “hurt your party” to see the embarrassing nature of this   ( I was never invested ) but SBF is very connected if you didn’t know ..and his media coverage has mostly mirrored that to the point of (without hyperbole)  being embarrassing .

For the record , as most know I think both parties are chalk full of professional liars who say what folks want to hear and believe to secure a vote and further their careers . 

FTX was most likely also a "laundromat".  

The problem is there are legit and useful crypto projects and then a lot of swindle shitcoin projects and platforms. 

• Like 1