Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
New England Met Fall 2022 Banter

HoarfrostHubb

1 hour ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Dispensaries are going to be like the frozen yogurt kick from 10-15 years ago. Those places started popping up everywhere, seemingly overnight, and most are now gone 

50 minutes ago, dryslot said:

The fly by nighter's will be gone, Only the strong survive.

It’s still pretty ugly in Massachusetts.  In the eastern part of the state there’s tons of money that doesn’t care what prices are. Out this way, more than half the dispensary business is wealthy tri-staters passing through or folks from NH and VT. 
I would never pay for weed but I check the prices online and it is still going for over $300/oz at MA stores. 
It’s mind boggling that there has not been any price correction in Massachusetts.  
Also, it’s not like you’re $350-$400 per ounce weed is anything spectacular.  I grow nicer looking and smelling stuff in my veggie garden every summer. 

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

It’s still pretty ugly in Massachusetts.  In the eastern part of the state there’s tons of money that doesn’t care what prices are. Out this way, more than half the dispensary business is wealthy tri-staters passing through or folks from NH and VT. 
I would never pay for weed but I check the prices online and it is still going for over $300/oz at MA stores. 
It’s mind boggling that there has not been any price correction in Massachusetts.  
Also, it’s not like you’re $350-$400 per ounce weed is anything spectacular.  I grow nicer looking and smelling stuff in my veggie garden every summer. 

I'm surprised more people just don't grow it, I'm in tons of houses every year and I see a few people growing. I don't use it but if I did my cheap ass would grow it.

• Like 1

Sad news from Charlotte

https://www.wcax.com/2022/11/22/2-dead-helicopter-crash-interstate-charlotte/

Meteorologist Jason Myers and pilot Chip Tayag, who worked for Charlotte television station WBTV, were killed in a helicopter crash early Tuesday afternoon.

WBTV, which is owned by Gray Media Group, Inc., issued the following statement about the crash:

“The WBTV family is grieving a terrible loss. Our news helicopter Sky3 crashed mid-day Tuesday with two of our colleagues on board. Meteorologist Jason Myers and pilot Chip Tayag lost their lives. We are working to comfort their families in this difficult time. We appreciate the outpouring of support for our staff and your continued prayers for their families.”

• Sad 3

3 hours ago, DavisStraight said:

They were making money by the truck full when they first opened.

2 hours ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

They were all getting over $300+ here too, But there's more pot then people to buy or smoke it, You can get a pound for $500/lb or i can anyways.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

Ended up getting radar scope tier 2 on my phone for 15 bucks a month. The archive radar data alone is worth it. What an awesome feature. I should play guess this band. :lol: 

Do the annual subscription. It’s cheaper by a lot if you’re paying 15/mo. It’s such a wonderful tool—I’ve had it for years.

29 minutes ago, SJonesWX said:

what happened to the right side of it? Branches chewed off by squirrels?

It wasn't producing enough acorns so the gnawed the branches off....

There was a line of spruces that were badly damaged when the tornado went through in 2018. The prior owners had them all removed, leaving that side of the oak bare.

14 hours ago, dryslot said:

Sure, There's still a lot of growers but many are switching to Hemp to make CBD.

Not much of a black market left up here at all.  Hasn't been for about 10 years.  Everyone either started growing, or is friends with a hobbyist grower.  Or just went and got their med card.  Anyone who uses regularly and goes to the rec dispensaries is foolish or just has a enough money to not care.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Spanks45 said:

It wasn't producing enough acorns so the gnawed the branches off....

There was a line of spruces that were badly damaged when the tornado went through in 2018. The prior owners had them all removed, leaving that side of the oak bare.

Pin oak?  The ones planted in Farmington hold more brown leaves than any other trees.

In other news, all the ticks I've carried finally had an effect.  I'd been feeling quite blah for several days, then on Tuesday morning I had a dizzy spell that led to a meatwagon ride to the ER and loads of tests.  Yesterday I learned that I was positive for anaplasmosis, so now I'm on doxycycline - same chemical used against Lyme (for which I was negative).  More follow-up, but I was actually glad for the diagnosis, as at my age there could be many other possible (and less treatable) causes for my malaise.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 7

14 minutes ago, tamarack said:

Pin oak?  The ones planted in Farmington hold more brown leaves than any other trees.

In other news, all the ticks I've carried finally had an effect.  I'd been feeling quite blah for several days, then on Tuesday morning I had a dizzy spell that led to a meatwagon ride to the ER and loads of tests.  Yesterday I learned that I was positive for anaplasmosis, so now I'm on doxycycline - same chemical used against Lyme (for which I was negative).  More follow-up, but I was actually glad for the diagnosis, as at my age there could be many other possible (and less treatable) causes for my malaise.

I think it might be a black oak, we have a pin oak in our front yard that still has some leaves, but not to this extent.  

Sorry to hear about the tick diagnosis. I hate those things, with 4 kids running, it is sadly something that needs to be assessed on almost a daily basis. Hope the meds clear it up quickly!

6 hours ago, Spanks45 said:

I think it might be a black oak, we have a pin oak in our front yard that still has some leaves, but not to this extent.  

Sorry to hear about the tick diagnosis. I hate those things, with 4 kids running, it is sadly something that needs to be assessed on almost a daily basis. Hope the meds clear it up quickly!

Thanks.  The tick population is to the point that when I come in from the woods, it's not "if" but "how many".  They've long passed yellowjackets as my unfavoritest insect, despite my sting history from the latter being well over 100.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, tamarack said:

Get well Tom!  Glad it wasn’t a stroke or heart attack!

• Like 2