• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
New England Met Fall 2022 Banter

HoarfrostHubb

Spent last weekend at Mount Washington hotel. I waited a few years for the outdoor (heated) pool to be Redone . As far as enjoying it in cooler seasons - its garbage . Was better and warmer years ago before the renovation . Just unusable - cold. Rest of place was very nice . Timeless classic look.

Anyone going away and looking for a hotel - and either bringing kids or looking to enjoy a jacuzzi or a heated pool - don’t go there .

10 hours ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Anyone here have Allstate for auto?

We are looking to switch from Geico, they are getting on my nerves 

i have allstate. switched several years ago from liberty bibbity (Liberty Mutual). saved a TON of money. had a recent claim with them, and it was a pretty smooth transaction

If there are any chasers out there. Buf NWS calling for feet of snow this week. I haven't seen them use crippling in a forecast discussion since Nov 2014. Could be an all timer

...WINTER STORM WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM THURSDAY EVENING
THROUGH SUNDAY EVENING...

* WHAT...Heavy lake effect snow possible. Total snow accumulations
  in this long duration event of MULTIPLE feet will be possible
  in the most persistent lake snows.
LONG TERM /THURSDAY NIGHT THROUGH MONDAY/...
...CRIPPLING LAKE EFFECT SNOW STORM POSSIBLE THIS PERIOD...

046D9341-2B88-475F-B8FE-006BF7CC7F3A.png

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Cold Miser said:

Worked for me.  Is it the snow depth that you have an issue with?

17 hours ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

I quit Geico same reason.  Went to liberty.  Now they are gouging me since I added a teen.  switching to Travelers and saving 3K.  

My froze over last night with a light glaze of ice as the temp got to 27.5 last night.  It's pretty shallow.  Kicked the bubbler on and cleared the ice.  I want the fish to ALL live through this winter.  Sick of dead goldfish and koi in the spring.

6 hours ago, BuffaloWeather said:

If there are any chasers out there. Buf NWS calling for feet of snow this week. I haven't seen them use crippling in a forecast discussion since Nov 2014. Could be an all timer

...WINTER STORM WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM THURSDAY EVENING
THROUGH SUNDAY EVENING...

* WHAT...Heavy lake effect snow possible. Total snow accumulations
  in this long duration event of MULTIPLE feet will be possible
  in the most persistent lake snows.
LONG TERM /THURSDAY NIGHT THROUGH MONDAY/...
...CRIPPLING LAKE EFFECT SNOW STORM POSSIBLE THIS PERIOD...

046D9341-2B88-475F-B8FE-006BF7CC7F3A.png

Yeah this is going to produce some memorable images, though man, how do you top 2014?  Sunday could be a fun day to watch the Bills.

18 hours ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

I have Allstate for all my Insurance and have had them 20+ yrs, I've had a few claims over that time too, But a good friend of mine is my agent.

26 minutes ago, Cold Miser said:

Dude...You better hit us with some good pics during events like this.   If not I am going to make it my mission to make sure that the Bills move to Toronto. 

I will be! I live for these events! Quite a few chasers on this one. I think we have all of Erie county covered. This one looks to hit slightly north of Nov 2014 right across heart of the Metro Buffalo area. Trying to figure out my chase plan if I'm too far south. A lot of times with these events they have driving bans and tough to get anywhere. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

I will be! I live for these events! Quite a few chasers on this one. I think we have all of Erie county covered. This one looks to hit slightly north of Nov 2014 right across heart of the Metro Buffalo area. Trying to figure out my chase plan if I'm too far south. A lot of times with these events they have driving bans and tough to get anywhere. 

This looks like an epic 24 hrs there give or take during the peak.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BuffaloWeather said:

So whose coming to chase? 

3447C071-8A49-47BB-8E33-C4AE2EA11FF9.jpeg

I got sent to Buffalo in I think Dec 2018 for work. There was a Bills game when I was there that like 10 inches fell during the game. Was quite the experience as it snowed nonstop for days. I also had to drive around in rear wheel drive service van that absolutely sucked.

• Like 1