Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
New England Met Fall 2022 Banter

HoarfrostHubb

54 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

That's right by Bob. I heard it's pretty there. Even now in Plymouth they uncovered an old Indian sort of fire hearth or whatever it is with some artifacts estimated to be 3000 years old or so.  That's right in the downtown area too.

My wife and I have a collection of (presumably) Native American arrowheads passed down from her grandfather. We must have two dozen of them, very cool stuff. They were collected at an area called the “turkey farm” which is off of bay road on the Norton/easton line. Part of the hockomock 

If I had any ambition I’m sure I could find some neat stuff hiking behind my house. A lot of that land is untouched and hard to access, so not many people have passed through I’d assume.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, forkyfork said:

record highs possible within 10 days and everyone's talking about december

These forums didn't start getting popular 20 years ago because of record high temperature enthusiasts.....you know that though since you were on them back then. Winter wx has always driven the traffic aside from some legit hurricane threats.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Many years ago I was at Massasoit State Park, something really creeped me out about that place.  

3 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

That's right by Bob. I heard it's pretty there. Even now in Plymouth they uncovered an old Indian sort of fire hearth or whatever it is with some artifacts estimated to be 3000 years old or so.  That's right in the downtown area too.

5 min from me. Yeah, that place can be creepy. 

3 hours ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Not impressed with Mac Jones today . Pick 6 to end first half mercifully taken away by a late hit . Thankfully Z Wilson threw 3 picks and our FG kicker was automatic 

Also the way Josh McDaniels is coaching the raiders he may be back in foxboro b4 year is out (Devante Adams 1 catch for 3 yards)...disastah 

Zappe seems to have "it". Mac doesn't. He's too stiff and formulaic, can't adapt to situations fluidly. There were plenty of throws where he just anticipated the WR would keep going, not noticing how CB leverage or whatever else was disrupting the route. Think of that one endzone fade he threw to Meyers when it was clear there was no way for him to get to the ball.

• Like 1

It's so frustrating to see Belicheck go with Jones over Zappe bc of experience, when it seems to me (a complete non-expert) that Zappe is just clearly better. Small sample size and all still applies I guess, but Belicheck's preference for the known over the unknown seems to be showing here.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Henry's Weather said:

It's so frustrating to see Belicheck go with Jones over Zappe bc of experience, when it seems to me (a complete non-expert) that Zappe is just clearly better. Small sample size and all still applies I guess, but Belicheck's preference for the known over the unknown seems to be showing here.

I don’t know, Zappe crapped himself last game and Mac is getting the rust off. I love Zappe, but I’m also not mad they went with him. I have no issue right now.

18 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Mac is making too many bad decisions still. His play last year earned him some slack but that pick 6 (that a roughing penalty saved him from) is something Bellichek won’t tolerate higher turnovers for a full season . Was never Gaga over Mac Jones . 

Majority of Pats fans last season thought they found Tohm’s replacement, so did the ‘experts’.  It’s year 2 and he played pretty well as a rookie. It usually takes three years to take the leap so I’d be a little more patient. Plus, it’s not like the Pats have offensive coaching guru’s, Patricia and Judge lol, and are loaded with receiving talent. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Majority of Pats fans last season thought they found Tohm’s replacement, so did the ‘experts’.  It’s year 2 and he played pretty well as a rookie. It usually takes three years to take the leap so I’d be a little more patient. Plus, it’s not like the Pats have offensive coaching guru’s, Patricia and Judge lol, and are loaded with receiving talent. 

They surrounded him with a clown show and some serviceable, but nothing sexy type WRs. The coaching is a joke, I have no idea why those two ass clowns are running the show.....and it's clear they aren't a fan of Mac questioning what the hell is going on.  #clownshow

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

They surrounded him with a clown show and some serviceable, but nothing sexy type WRs. The coaching is a joke, I have no idea why those two ass clowns are running the show.....and it's clear they aren't a fan of Mac questioning what the hell is going on.  #clownshow

When Jacobi is your leading WR, that’s not going to cut it. This isn’t 2005. It’s a passing league now. You need a stud X receiver. Even the Jets after years of agony finally understood you need to make plays down the field and drafted accordingly…and surround that talent with offensive minded coaches. Look at the Eagles, they drafted Smith but traded for AJ…now Hurts looks like an all pro passer suddenly. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

When Jacobi is your leading WR, that’s not going to cut it. This isn’t 2005. It’s a passing league now. You need a stud X receiver. Even the Jets after years of agony finally understood you need to make plays down the field and drafted accordingly…and surround that talent with offensive minded coaches. Look at the Eagles, they drafted Smith but traded for AJ…now Hurts looks like an all pro passer suddenly. 

Yep....though none of it matters without the QB. Jets would prob be a playoff team with a real QB. Too bad Breece Hall got injured. He looked like a stud in the making. Hopefully he comes back good next year.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

They have Devante and Myers is no slouch, they need to win on defense and running, which might not cut it in todays NFL, I can see them winning 8-9 games this year.

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yep....though none of it matters without the QB. Jets would prob be a playoff team with a real QB. Too bad Breece Hall got injured. He looked like a stud in the making. Hopefully he comes back good next year.

Of course, it goes in tandem. Wilson thinks he’s back in BYU running around and slinging it to receivers who are 10yds open. This is the NFL where you have to read coverage and throws guys open. The windows are much smaller and if you can’t anticipate, you quickly become a backup or worse. 

My point is though the Pats have not surrounded Mac with an offensive system and wr talent to properly judge him yet. Good luck though if fans want Zappe. 

2 minutes ago, DavisStraight said:

They have Devante and Myers is no slouch, they need to win on defense and running, which might not cut it in todays NFL, I can see them winning 8-9 games this year.

Myers is a wr2 or wr3 on most teams, not an X. Parker is an OK placeholder for now. You can win with defense and running in today’s game, sure, but if you can’t make consistent downfield plays in the passing game, you’re handcuffing yourself.