Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
New England Met Fall 2022 Banter

HoarfrostHubb

5 minutes ago, tamarack said:

The only DNA-confirmed cougar in Maine since we moved there in 1973 was identified by testing some hair was in . . . Cape Elizabeth - just where one would expect it.  :lol:

There have been numerous reports of sightings, some from very credible sources, but the eyes can be deceived.  Ken Allen, who wrote wildlife/hunting columns over 30+ years for the AUG/WVL newspapers, recounted his 2 sightings.  He said one appeared valid, as he had a good extended look at a big tan felid with a long tail.   The other - while headed south from Greenville during a rainy twilight, the animal ran across the road in front of him.  He braked and backed up, looked to his left, and saw a golden retriever standing in a driveway.

With all the trailcams out there, very few road kills (see above) and with no cached deer kills encountered by hunters, trappers, foresters, etc., I'm convinced there's no wild breeding populations in the Northeast.

Yes and this matches what scientists have concluded for many years now. They have always been trying to find evidence of a breeding population but there are none anywhere in the northeast. Closest population from the west is probably somewhere in central Nebraska though there might be evidence they are getting into eastern portions of the state as breeding pairs.

Of course, there's the Florida population too but the trip from the plains actually might be easier than from Florida. Much more hospitable habitat between the plains and New England than between here and Florida.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Ha, Nope, They're tough to figure out but if one ever can, They'll be very wealthy.

I’ve heard They don’t hate  younger Fit men , who give them attention , know how to flirt  and make them feel “excited and alive” again 

I could be wrong but lots of young women like the popular guys , then next stage they like the safer provider guys , then after they may divorce the former for cash , they like the younger guy  “ That makes them feel Wanted attractive  , excited and Brings then the big “O” . Kinda joking 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 10/25/2022 at 2:54 PM, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Back to your regularly scheduled programing . Was a great morning to go long crypto alt coins 

All too predictable though.  BTC needed to breach 21K to signal a Bull breakout and got rejected at 20,954.  Back to your regularly scheduled sideways movement.

The leveraged shorts got massively liquidated and now it’s the leveraged longs turn. 

5 hours ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

All too predictable though.  BTC needed to breach 21K to signal a Bull breakout and got rejected at 20,954.  Back to your regularly scheduled sideways movement.

The leveraged shorts got massively liquidated and now it’s the leveraged longs turn. 

Nah . Give it time . It’s up 7% in two days , there is no rejection ..it’s 20,820 currently (higher than this am and higher than the day before ...) . It moved up 3% today on a day nasdaq was down 2% that is a very impressive display of Strength 

Dollar fell and crypto soared . Dollar is nearish support and a Dollar resumption of a rally would be what rejects bitcoins climb . ECB rate decision tomm, PCE inflation Friday . Fed rate decision Tuesday . 25 K would be next level to really slow bitcoin if dollar keeps sliding more 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I do like the new buzz wording going around now. Climate Catastrophe. That's cute. I think there are some others. 

This was the best.
Glued to the floor of the dealership only for the employees to really not give a sh.it, and just go home, leaving them there.

Some discussion on it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5qwXHm9RBc

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

I should throw mashed potatoes at the Euro and glue myself to it until is shows snow...

We live in the stupidest of times

Effing morons. I’d also like to point out they’re using a petroleum based product to glue themselves down. Hell, the clothes they wear is probably made of petroleum products. 

These people all holler about a cost of food and fuel crisis, which is in part driven by a decade of underinvestment in fossil fuels. Crop yields would be a fraction of what they are without petroleum byproduct fertilizers. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

We embrace it. Im right on the front lines. Nothing between me and the vast Hockomock swamp. If someone’s going to see something, it’s me.

When I catch a 20 foot bird on my ring camera, I’ll post.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

We embrace it. Im right on the front lines. Nothing between me and the vast Hockomock swamp. If someone’s going to see something, it’s me.

When I catch a 20 foot bird on my ring camera, I’ll post.

I expect dug out canoes to come shooting out of the ground with skeletons. 

1 minute ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Many years ago I was at Massasoit State Park, something really creeped me out about that place.  

That's right by Bob. I heard it's pretty there. Even now in Plymouth they uncovered an old Indian sort of fire hearth or whatever it is with some artifacts estimated to be 3000 years old or so.  That's right in the downtown area too.