Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
New England Met Fall 2022 Banter

HoarfrostHubb

3 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I had umbilical hernia surgery in Nov 2020. It was bulging and started to hurt. Surgery went well and I felt like myself after about 2 months. First 6 weeks you can't lift more than like 10lbs. I didn't get back to heavier weights for maybe 3 months iirc. Had my surgery at MGH...doctor was great.

Did it gradually get worse?

I’m probably going to schedule an appointment with my primary to see what the deal is.

Just now, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Did it gradually get worse?

I’m probably going to schedule an appointment with my primary to see what the deal is.

I had it for about 3 years and it did gradually get worse. They never get better. First two years didn't really bother me, but the last year was getting to be more and more noticeable.

They basically put a mesh over it and that is supposedly good for life.

3 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

I had it for about 3 years and it did gradually get worse. They never get better. First two years didn't really bother me, but the last year was getting to be more and more noticeable.

They basically put a mesh over it and that is supposedly good for life.

2 hours ago, dendrite said:

I had one starting. It would heal a bit and then I'd reaggravate it. I did that about 20x. Eventually I went long enough without overdoing it because it hasn't bothered me in 5+ years.

I came home from work yesterday and did absolutely nothing and it seemed to settle down quite a bit. I’ve read that if it’s not bad, it can heal some, or at least not get worse.

I have a colonoscopy scheduled for November partially do to this pain, but I’m starting to think it really has not much to do with that.

1 hour ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

I came home from work yesterday and did absolutely nothing and it seemed to settle down quite a bit. I’ve read that if it’s not bad, it can heal some, or at least not get worse.

I have a colonoscopy scheduled for November partially do to this pain, but I’m starting to think it really has not much to do with that.

I had a hernia and at the same time extreme back pain, nothing I tried relieved it. Once I had the hernia surgery my back pain disappeared. The doctor didn't think the hernia had anything to do with the back pain but I disagree.

2 hours ago, DavisStraight said:

I had a hernia and at the same time extreme back pain, nothing I tried relieved it. Once I had the hernia surgery my back pain disappeared. The doctor didn't think the hernia had anything to do with the back pain but I disagree.

Yeah, not to get to TMI, but when using the restroom when I go to clean up, and hit a certain spot, it sends a shooting pain right up to that spot. It’s weird, but I swear there is a nerve connection or something that is sending pain right to that spot. I’m going to the doctor next week, so we’ll see.

It’s very strange.

12 hours ago, SouthCoastMA said:

Screenshot_20220914-204154.thumb.png.000feb74a2377bdd007ae09e4ebe19d6.png

I have an insect identifier app, and this is what I got. maybe if you can get a clearer picture of it, I can run it again. make sure to get real close

That's exactly what it looked like! I tried to get a close up but every time I zoomed in the camera wouldn't focus. I suppose I could have gone closer to the spider but I was afraid it would have jumped on me. My girlfriend killed it though. I sprayed it from afar and when it fell I ran and she got it. 

Digging out the pond by our well.  It was originally dug as a stock pond according to a long-time resident of the town, possibly re-dug for fire suppression by the folks who built the house we live in back in 1975.  Pine branches, leaf litter and other muck had decreased its depth from 4-5 feet to 2 feet or less, while supporting an amazing algae crop.

IMG_0976.thumb.JPG.9c2f25cf58900c054a745ea0a4d26dfc.JPG

• Like 7

2 hours ago, tamarack said:

Digging out the pond by our well.  It was originally dug as a stock pond according to a long-time resident of the town, possibly re-dug for fire suppression by the folks who built the house we live in back in 1975.  Pine branches, leaf litter and other muck had decreased its depth from 4-5 feet to 2 feet or less, while supporting an amazing algae crop.

IMG_0976.thumb.JPG.9c2f25cf58900c054a745ea0a4d26dfc.JPG

Will it be swimmable?

18 minutes ago, mreaves said:

Will it be swimmable?

Not for people.  And our Lab mix doesn't like the water.  :(  She did have a short swim there a couple years ago, but only because the algae layer was so uniform, she thought it was dry land.  Our late lamented black Lab was in there all the time.  When she would get all muddied up in the woods, I'd toss a stick into the pond to get her washed.  Sometimes took 2 or 3.  Given that the pond is all spring fed, its temp now that it's been deepened probably will stay uncomfortably cool.

• Like 2

On 9/14/2022 at 11:19 AM, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Anyone here ever have a hernia? I have what I suspect is a hernia on the right side of my belly button. There is no obvious bulge, but certain movements really irritate it, while others not so much.

I had a hernia repair in May...started to feel it last December...it was a very small one on the left side of my groin. It didn't show up in any imagery...surgeon was finally able to feel it. I took two weeks off from lifting weights...not bad.

14 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

They said it was a scud cloud, I don't agree. That was a good FC. The base around it, can tell there was rotation, rain shaft off to the right etc. I don't think that was scud.

not to mention that giant golf ball right in front of it 

• Haha 2

I know a lot of you guys have visited VT for skiing at places like Stowe or Killington, spent romantic weekends in hoity toity places like Woodstock or spent time on the shores of Lake Champlain sipping craft brews. You’ve never really experienced the real Vermont though unless you’ve gone to the Tunbridge World’s Fair. Held in one of the most picturesque valleys in the state, it still has strong agricultural ties. It’s the last fair of the season in VT and this year it’s celebrating its 150th anniversary. It’s a place where you see a real cross section of the state. Woodchuck farmers who come off the hill once a year, organic hippies, Dartmouth professors and anything in between. It was a beautiful night for Italian sausage and kettle corn and the place was packed. 

367DA19A-ECD6-433A-9B4C-397E2A669078.jpeg

4C3E115F-F273-4445-9922-04B3F5CBF979.jpeg

• Like 2