• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
New England Met Fall 2022 Banter

HoarfrostHubb

As for solar - we generate well in excess of our annual usage.  At the end of the year with our net metering agreement, we get $0.04 per kilowatt-hour credit for the surplus.  That credit zeros out our bill for the first 4 or 5 months of the year - then for the rest of the year we pay $12-15/month.  

For 2021 we generated 127% and are well ahead of where we were for at this time last year.  Solar made sense for us as this house is intended to be the last stop on this side of the grass.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I think about how united we were 21 years ago. It’s so disappointing how divided we have become. 

That was the only good that came out of that horrible day.  We all stood together. Not sure how we can feel that way again short of another disaster.  We couldn’t even do it during a pandemic 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

That was the only good that came out of that horrible day.  We all stood together. Not sure how we can feel that way again short of another disaster.  We couldn’t even do it during a pandemic 

Nor an attack on our capital.

At this point, only an alien invasion or a giant apocalyptic asteroid would possibly unify us…maybe. 

There's an interesting internal "policy" storm and political upset on the radar over in Russia.   

List of Russian municipal deputies calling for Putin’s resignation grows to nearly 50, local official says

From CNN's Uliana Pavlova

Nearly 50 municipal deputies have now signed a petition demanding the resignation of President Vladimir Putin, 29 more than on Monday, according to one of those involved.

...Thing is, everything I've read about the last 30 years of history over behind those 'geodesic boundaries'  ( whatever in the f they are, geesh) ...is that the higher echelon of the governing body is essentially formulated of a veritable "kakistrocracy"  - it may be a bit strong to say that, but lacking a better word.  Relative to the future ...and being on the "right side of history," that is more likely the case, however.    Anyway, it's not clear how that power structure is really even capable of ceding control - certainly not in any context of failure.  That would be a neat trick for a demagogue with some form of functional psychotic prominence disorder ... Good luck.   

It's gonna be a interesting autumn for Russia ... perhaps literally.   Is there ...or perhaps "can there be," more apropos, any exit strategy in that psychosis?   

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

There's an interesting internal "policy" storm and political upset on the radar over in Russia.   

List of Russian municipal deputies calling for Putin’s resignation grows to nearly 50, local official says

Nearly 50 municipal deputies have now signed a petition demanding the resignation of President Vladimir Putin, 29 more than on Monday, according to one of those involved.

...Thing is, everything I've read about the last 30 years of history over behind those 'geodesic boundaries'  ( whatever in the f they are, geesh) ...is that the higher echelon of the governing body is essentially formulated of a veritable "kakistrocracy"  - it may be a bit strong to say that, but lacking a better word.  Relative to the future ...and being on the "right side of history," that is more likely the case, however.    Anyway, it's not clear how that power structure is really even capable of ceding control - certainly not in any context of failure.  That would be a neat trick for a demagogue with some form of function psychotic prominence disorder ... Good luck.   

It's gonna be a interesting autumn for Russia ... perhaps literally.   Is there ...or perhaps "can there be," more apropos, any exit strategy in that psychosis?   

My forecast:  expect some more mysterious skyscraper deaths soon 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

...Thing is, everything I've read about the last 30 years of history over behind those 'geodesic boundaries'  ( whatever in the f they are, geesh) ...is that the higher echelon of the governing body is essentially formulated of a veritable "kakistrocracy"  - it may be a bit strong to say that, but lacking a better word.  Relative to the future ...and being on the "right side of history," that is more likely the case, however.    Anyway, it's not clear how that power structure is really even capable of ceding control - certainly not in any context of failure.  That would be a neat trick for a demagogue with some form of function psychotic prominence disorder ... Good luck.   

Assassination may be the only way. 

10 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Anyone here ever have a hernia? I have what I suspect is a hernia on the right side of my belly button. There is no obvious bulge, but certain movements really irritate it, while others not so much.

I had an inguinal hernia, five years ago in my lower right abdomen with a noticeable bulge. And honestly I didn't feel it much, but I heard it varies depending on the location, and the individual. My surgery went well, although it took me the full 6 months of recovery before I didn't really feel it and wasn't terrified about lifting anything semi-heavy. Honestly, I haven't gone super super heavy at the gym since then. 

What you have could just be an abdominal muscle strain, but worth checking out if it persists for several weeks. 

Just now, SouthCoastMA said:

I had an inguinal hernia, five years ago in my lower right abdomen with a noticeable bulge. And honestly I didn't feel it much, but I heard it varies depending on the location, and the individual. My surgery went well, although it took me the full 6 months of recovery before I didn't really feel it and wasn't terrified about lifting anything semi-heavy. Honestly, I haven't gone super super heavy at the gym since then. 

Interesting. Yeah, sitting and driving for long periods definitely makes it worse. It’s definitely an odd pain. Some things it’s fine, some it’s not. 

16 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Anyone here ever have a hernia? I have what I suspect is a hernia on the right side of my belly button. There is no obvious bulge, but certain movements really irritate it, while others not so much.

I had an inguinal hernia about 20 years ago but it sounds like you might have a umbilical hernia but as SouthCoast said above, it might just be a muscle strain.

A breakdown of different types of hernias from the always accurate WebMD.

https://www.webmd.com/digestive-disorders/types-of-hernias