Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
New England Met Fall 2022 Banter

HoarfrostHubb

47 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Any of you solar folks ever have experience with Trinity Solar?   We are hearing a proposal by them this evening.   I’m super skeptical 

No experience with Trinity - we went with Earthlight (Sunpower panels) and Earthlight was excellent to work with and have been very helpful when we needed something after the sale/install.  

• Like 1

Went to Quabbin today and walked the road to the  tower.. saw a big black snake that was sun bathing until we walked by and went in the woods never seen one like that... then went up to the tower and took a little side trail and heard something and looked over and saw another but this one had its mouth wide open like it was in bite mode and of course I ran but that one was also HUGE! Never ran from a snake until today.. the only thing I can find is a eastern rat snake that looked like them.. but it's on the endangered list in Massachusetts.. what are the chances of seeing two in one day 30 minutes apart? Also saw a tree that looked like it got hit by lightning needless to say an adventurous day that I wasn't expecting! 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, ineedsnow said:

the second one had a huge head and his mouth was wide open kind of like he wanted to strike with the top part of his body lifted.. freaked me out

Either species is really cool.  We had one in our yard years ago (can’t recall which one) that was eating a big frog.  Had to open its mouth wide.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Whineminster said:

Unless you face south my understanding is it's not really worth it. Plus I've heard if you need to get a new roof, it's a pain to get them out to remove the panels. 

Yeah.  The roof thing is my big concern. If they had met up with us that would have been a main discussion.   
A number of people we know have solar and are happy with it.   I’m still skeptical of sketchy companies 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Eastern black racer maybe?  Those get huge

Huge ? 4-5 feet . Maybe that is big for these areas . I have see one of those up here . 

I recall walking outside thru  the student apartment walk way at college in Florida and a couple times I some some large snakes with very sharp diamond coloring and was wondering to myself   “I moved to the F’n jungle “ I didn’t know if they were native or someone pet let loose.

“ 

51 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Yeah.  The roof thing is my big concern. If they had met up with us that would have been a main discussion.   
A number of people we know have solar and are happy with it.   I’m still skeptical of sketchy companies 

Yeah I have a buddy who has them, he loves them, his electric bill is like $15.  You see the Sun Run vans a lot, maybe they're reputable?  I think @BrianWknows a lot about panels based on his posts.    

Just now, Whineminster said:

Yeah I have a buddy who has them, he loves them, his electric bill is like $15.  You see the Sun Run vans a lot, maybe they're reputable?  I think @BrianWknows a lot about panels based on his posts.    

The company we were supposed to meet with has been around a while. On BBB they have an A+ rating if that’s worth anything.   But they pooped themselves with this

• Like 1

On 9/4/2022 at 12:39 AM, mreaves said:

I went to the fair today too. We were there to see some 80’s bands. Great White and Warrant were actually pretty good. Dokken, not so much lol. 

B4763640-59E5-4A28-A2E7-091C7B5EA26E.jpeg

2E77F0E5-C93B-4894-81F5-242668F3A9D0.jpeg

Ha. This is great.  I saw all of those bands back in the day, and even more recently.  Had tickets to the infamous Great White, Station show but just decided not to go at the last minute.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Cold Miser said:

... After multiple Covid delays I will be enjoying some serious stein tonight at Gillette.

Nice!  I heard the commercial for the show on the radio the other day.  It mentioned that this was their largest pyrotechnic show ever, so it should be intense.  Looks like it will be a great night for the show.  Enjoy.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, QCD17 said:

Nice!  I heard the commercial for the show on the radio the other day.  It mentioned that this was their largest pyrotechnic show ever, so it should be intense.  Looks like it will be a great night for the show.  Enjoy.

Thanks. Should be awesome.

The environmentalists nightmare show. 

2 hours ago, Cold Miser said:

Ha. This is great.  I saw all of those bands back in the day, and even more recently.  Had tickets to the infamous Great White, Station show but just decided not to go at the last minute.  

I was really surprised at how good Jack Russell still sounds.  Of course he walked to the stage with a cane and basically sat on a stool and didn't move around much.  His band was pretty meh but his voice was strong.  Ironically, the other Great White was playing the same night in Lancaster, NH.  They probably have the better musicians but weaker lead singer.

Warrant was surprisingly good.  I was never a huge fan but I can't fault their show.  The band was really tight, the sound system top notch and the showmanship was strong.  Best show of the night.

Dokken was a huge disappointment.  Don Dokken can't sing and could barely move around the stage.  The sound guys were awful, the guitar was mixed too low and the bass was mixed way too high.  George Lynch came on for three songs at the end of the set and while he can still shred, it was not enough to save any shred of respectability.  People were streaming out after just a couple of songs.

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, mreaves said:

I was really surprised at how good Jack Russell still sounds.  Of course he walked to the stage with a cane and basically sat on a stool and didn't move around much.  His band was pretty meh but his voice was strong.  Ironically, the other Great White was playing the same night in Lancaster, NH.  They probably have the better musicians but weaker lead singer.

Warrant was surprisingly good.  I was never a huge fan but I can't fault their show.  The band was really tight, the sound system top notch and the showmanship was strong.  Best show of the night.

Dokken was a huge disappointment.  Don Dokken can't sing and could barely move around the stage.  The sound guys were awful, the guitar was mixed too low and the bass was mixed way too high.  George Lynch came on for three songs at the end of the set and while he can still shred, it was not enough to save any shred of respectability.  People were streaming out after just a couple of songs.

You are probably right about the Great White band in N.H. Those guys can still do it.

I have trouble with Warrant and no Jani Lane. I am not sure which singer is there now.

I used to be a big Dokken fan back in the day. Saw them open for Loverboy in 87, and then again on the Monsters of Rock tour in 88.  That is a bummer about Don's vocals, but it happens to all of them. For example, Rob Halford really needs to give it up at this point. At 70 plus years he has nothing left to proove.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mreaves said:

i have no desire to see "Great White" for a couple reasons. first of all, Jack Russel is the only remaining member, so it's not even remotely Great White. secondly, after the band killed 100 people in RI, and thier reaction/response. No thanks. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

The company we were supposed to meet with has been around a while. On BBB they have an A+ rating if that’s worth anything.   But they pooped themselves with this

I used Solar Store of Greenfield for my install back in 2016, very happy with them.   I opted to replace the roof the same time the panels were put on, and had the same company do both, that way if the roof leaked I would know who was responsible.   

You want to own the panels (vs. leasing them).  

• Like 2

22 hours ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Best company I’ve worked with so far is SunPower. Spanks recommend them to me and he loves it. They mfg their panels and install their system’s, no 3rd party sourcing, and have truthful sales reps… if there is such a thing. Basically, if it doesn’t make sense, they will tell you.

We haven’t pulled the trigger yet but with the bill Biden signed increasing the FTC to 30% and extending it another decade, we’re not in a rush. The technology is constantly improving. We have shade and our roof is not ideally faced so I’m thinking the panels become more efficient over the next few years where the decision becomes a no brainer. As it currently stands, we can get 88% of our annual electric usage via solar. So I’d like to wait and shoot for 100%.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1