Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
September Discobs 2022

George BM

1 minute ago, IronTy said:

Same here.  As soon as it lets up I'm gonna go spread some more grass seed.  

Mine is mostly up and doing well. Wish I didn't have to keep running the sprinkler. I am also going to put some more seed down this evening or tomorrow morning in a few areas where it still looks a bit bare.

2 hours ago, CAPE said:
Mine is mostly up and doing well. Wish I didn't have to keep running the sprinkler. I am also going to put some more seed down this evening or tomorrow morning in a few areas where it still looks a bit bare.

I'm really struggling with grass.  Been at my house for 19yrs now and all my trees have really shaded what little grass area I have left.   I reforested most of the cleared areas years ago.  I plant the shade blends but let's face it, grass needs sun.  Moss is slowly taking over but I'm in that weird transition period.  

On the other hand grass is like an ecological desert so I'm glad to phase it out. In the pic you can see the reforested area of my front yard behind the boulders. This was all mud when I move in.

I've been making use of wild woodland sea oat grass wherever possible. It's a native grass...long so it wouldn't work for turf grass but it is absolutely gorgeous, especially the seed heads in winter. b8dce04c05f64c9f3410751467c04c22.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, IronTy said:

I'm really struggling with grass.  Been at my house for 19yrs now and all my trees have really shaded what little grass area I have left.   I deforested most of the cleared areas years ago.  I plant the shade blends but let's face it, grass needs sun.  Miss is slowly taking over but I'm in that weird transition period.  

On the other hand grass is like an ecological desert so I'm glad to phase it out. In the pic you can see the reforested area of my front yard behind the boulders. This was all mid when I move in.

I've been making use of wild woodland sea oat grass wherever possible. It's a native grass...long so it wouldn't work for turf grass but it is absolutely gorgeous, especially the seed heads in winter. b8dce04c05f64c9f3410751467c04c22.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

I am in the woods so I know the struggles. I can get cool season tall fescue established just fine in the early Fall, and it will thrive in the Spring and early summer, but once we get the persistent heat, blazing high sun, and the trees are all active, a significant amount of it just gives up and goes to thatch. Some areas hang on enough and come back. I let the moss do its thing for the most part, and try to keep a nice grass area in the back (over the drain field) around my firepit area. I just have to do a fairly significant reseed every year in late Summer/early Fall.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SnowenOutThere said:

51 degrees out today, was a little chilly waking up for swim but can’t wait to go outside after school

I think you could cut school. And it's a Friday too. In fact, why doesn't the County close schools? We'll go to class on a rainy winter day instead.

Didn't get below 50f here in the swamps this morning,  (normal), but it's breezy, and very nice.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, GramaxRefugee said:

I think you could cut school. And it's a Friday too. In fact, why doesn't the County close schools? We'll go to class on a rainy winter day instead.

We can't even get snow days anymore :( , can't cut class today anyways, my parents would never allow it and I have a chemistry quiz too. 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic