Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
September Discobs 2022

George BM

13 hours ago, jbakerman said:

1.27 in Burke out of that first line. 

Absolute deluge for about 20-30 minutes or so, with decent rains on either end.

Closest CoCoRaHs says 0.73", but the SE edge of that one cell that smacked us was really lit up on radar and rolled right over me. Where generally in Burke are you? I'm close to the Rolling Road VRE.

10 minutes ago, mattie g said:

Absolute deluge for about 20-30 minutes or so, with decent rains on either end.

Closest CoCoRaHs says 0.73", but the SE edge of that one cell that smacked us was really lit up on radar and rolled right over me. Where generally in Burke are you? I'm close to the Rolling Road VRE.

My guess is one of you guys lives on the other side of the tracks....beware :hurrbear:

22 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Low of 57.

Overnight ensembles started to hint at a “cool”down after next weeks heat and there are some indications the warmest temps may stay south of us next Tuesday-Thursday. 

So it should be nice and toasty for my trip to Charlotte on Wednesday next week? 

1 hour ago, WxUSAF said:

Low of 57.

Overnight ensembles started to hint at a “cool”down after next weeks heat and there are some indications the warmest temps may stay south of us next Tuesday-Thursday. 

Yeah the upper ridge next week is centered more over the south central US. The EPS sends a digging upper trough southeastward that flattens it late next week and it retrogrades westward. This would be a nice early Fall teaser.

eps_z500a_namer_38.png

• Like 1

I'm all for drying out and having a stretch of really nice days but i'll be honest when i see model runs with days and days of dry from start to finish i get a tad nervous. Not for any drought concerns but just the dry locking and loading for the winter. Here's to the old rubber band theory or whatever....hope we go back wet as we get closer to December.

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic