Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
September Banter 2022

George BM

3 hours ago, RandyHolt said:

If anyone has a link to Ian storm surge reports (of any spotter reports for that matter) please share. I see ABC news saying 18' but I am skeptical yet cannot find any. Thanks.

I think the highest projected range was from 12' - 18'.  I bet they either misunderstood what that meant, or just ran with it. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, toolsheds said:

I think the highest projected range was from 12' - 18'.  I bet they either misunderstood what that meant, or just ran with it. 

Yeah media hype is assumed so I set out to search and found ZERO reports. I find NWS sites clunky and I struggle to find specific past data.

I did since find an excellent time lapse that shows ~15' but understand NWS reporting isn't easy nor a priority now but its not hard to determine heights in the vids we see. Thanks for the reply.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Chris78 said:

@nj2va @H2O @nw baltimore wx

How's our caps looking this Year?

Goalie situation hopefully better?

But everyone else a year older.

This will be an interesting year.  Aging vets like Ovie, Carlson, Oshie and uncertainty with Backy and his hip.  I hope they didn't overpay for getting Keumper but that might settle the goalie issue that's plagued them the last 2-3 years.  I think they have to bite the bullet and get some of their kids to step up and play.  Laviolette HAS to play the kids more.  He can't keep pushing the old guys to go 20 min a night.  Maybe with better goaltending he CAN roll 4 lines every night equally.  Strome is a decent FA so i hope he and the others can do the job.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, H2O said:

This will be an interesting year.  Aging vets like Ovie, Carlson, Oshie and uncertainty with Backy and his hip.  I hope they didn't overpay for getting Keumper but that might settle the goalie issue that's plagued them the last 2-3 years.  I think they have to bite the bullet and get some of their kids to step up and play.  Laviolette HAS to play the kids more.  He can't keep pushing the old guys to go 20 min a night.  Maybe with better goaltending he CAN roll 4 lines every night equally.  Strome is a decent FA so i hope he and the others can do the job.  

Hopefully the goaltending is a postive this year and not a question mark like the last few year.

I didn't realize Wilson was out with ACL surgery. 

Sounds like he's ahead of schedule and could be back by early December.

10 hours ago, Chris78 said:

Hopefully the goaltending is a postive this year and not a question mark like the last few year.

I didn't realize Wilson was out with ACL surgery. 

Sounds like he's ahead of schedule and could be back by early December.

Still hanging our hats on our glorious cup win but repeated 1st round exits since hurts. Met a dude randomly at a winery 2 days after Willy got hurt and he told me Willy would be injured well into this season. Still wonder how the guy knew that but damn missing Willy in the loffs for all but 10 minutes hurt.

Tending will be improved but fear the next few years will evolve to see if Ovi can catch 99. I am losing faith in BMac and Lavy and the latest pickups are meh. I do wish they would give Connor more of an offensive role AND PP time to help his development but fear he is going to bust out under Lavy. We keep bringing in vets and kids development stagnates.

That all said I love our chances hockey is an odd sport where a few bounces go your way and you are well on your way to the conference finals.

• Like 1

Who would of thought it would of taken to October 1st for the Os to be officially eliminated from the playoff race.

Great season by the Orioles. Exceeding most experts expectations by 20+ wins and looking like a 30 win improvement from last year.

Bright days ahead for the Os.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Chris78 said:

Who would of thought it would of taken to October 1st for the Os to be officially eliminated from the playoff race.

Great season by the Orioles. Exceeding most experts expectations by 20+ wins and looking like a 30 win improvement from last year.

Bright days ahead for the Os.

Love they got win 81 last night. One more tonight! Extra sweet with all the Yankees fan tears whining when judge isn’t given some middle-middle meatball to hit. Cry more losers!

• Like 3

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic