• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
September Banter 2022

George BM

Worst part was I just came off a 10 day trial and was supposed to start another one on Tuesday. One of the jurors at the end of tje 10-day trial in Frederick tested positive and that was the juror I was sitting closest to - so not surprising to finally get it after all this time. Other than tired and some fever not been bad - I am double vaxxed and double boosted which I am grateful for.

as for the lantern flies, not “bad” yet per se but noticing them arriving with more and more regularity around my deck area (the killing ground) which means they are probably up the tree line in numbers.

eta - agreed on weather mappy. Was a relief to sit out Monday and Tuesday and just enjoy the temps and sun. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, snowfan said:

You also like key lime pie so credibility is lacking here.

I went to a wedding in VA Beach Labor Day weekend and the family had a welcome reception at a local brewery and they had Key Lime Pie sour ale. OMG it was so freaking good.

4 minutes ago, mappy said:

I went to a wedding in VA Beach Labor Day weekend and the family had a welcome reception at a local brewery and they had Key Lime Pie sour ale. OMG it was so freaking good.

Did you see my post earlier?  I have some in the fridge.   

Also learned how to make Key lime pie recently.  It is very easy.  Was trying to see if I can make a Cherry Key Lime pie next. 

Just now, toolsheds said:

Did you see my post earlier?  I have some in the fridge.   

Also learned how to make Key lime pie recently.  It is very easy.  Was trying to see if I can make a Cherry Key Lime pie next. 

No, I missed it. Sorry! I didn't even know Key Lime Pie sour ales were a thing, I need to figure out how to order some. 

While on vacation I had a key lime martini, that was delicious too. Though not as sour as I would have hoped it would be. 

It is very easy to make! 

1 minute ago, mappy said:

No, I missed it. Sorry! I didn't even know Key Lime Pie sour ales were a thing, I need to figure out how to order some. 

While on vacation I had a key lime martini, that was delicious too. Though not as sour as I would have hoped it would be. 

It is very easy to make! 

I found this ale in Naples in late May.  The brewery (Blue Point) is from Long Island and doesn't distribute to MD, but they do to Delaware.  I found some recently at Outlet Liquors in Rehoboth beach.  And if you haven't been to Outlet Liquors, their selection is amazing.   

One more thing...the ale is 9.6%....not bad at all. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, toolsheds said:

I found this ale in Naples in late May.  The brewery (Blue Point) is from Long Island and doesn't distribute to MD, but they do to Delaware.  I found some recently at Outlet Liquors in Rehoboth beach.  And if you haven't been to Outlet Liquors, their selection is amazing.   

One more thing...the ale is 9.6%....not bad at all. 

good to know! thanks!

• Like 1

I have no skin in this game (key lime pie is the best thing in the world but a good carrot cake is pretty good too…), but if you’re looking to vary the key lime pie game, might I suggest Bon Appetit’s cranberry-lime pie? I make it every year for Thanksgiving and to be honest it’s the best part of the meal: 

Cranberry-Lime Pie http://www.bonappetit.com/recipe/cranberry-lime-pie

• Like 2

To be fair, I don't actually mind carrot cake!  (Sorry @mappy, @H2O!!)

But...chocolate cake, cannot top that!

Key lime pie?  Mmmmmm!

No comment needed on the Vienna wieners in jello (shudder thinking about that!).

OK, with all these pie and cake wars going on, where's @Mrs.J to weigh in with some input?!

8 minutes ago, WinterFire said:

I have no skin in this game (key lime pie is the best thing in the world but a good carrot cake is pretty good too…), but if you’re looking to vary the key lime pie game, might I suggest Bon Appetit’s cranberry-lime pie? I make it every year for Thanksgiving and to be honest it’s the best part of the meal: 

Ohhhhh...that sounds really fantastic!

Thanks for the idea and recipe. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, WinterFire said:

Yay to another key lime lover! Thanks for sharing that recipe, sounds delish

• Like 2

9 hours ago, mattie g said:

There are so many variations of chocolate cake that chocolate cake can be inferior to a good carrot cake depending on the variety.

So...some chocolate cakes are better than some carrot cakes, while the inverse is also true. There also some cakes that are equivalent in quality.

I can agree with this. I would do unspeakable things for a really good German Chocolate Cake. I think you found a flaw in my statement :lol:

• Haha 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic