Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
September Banter 2022

George BM

1 hour ago, Terpeast said:

Well… looks like Wentz and the commanders pulled one out today.

I'm happy but my guess is Sam Howell/ Heineke is in there at some point. Wentz makes way to many bone headed decisions. 

I'll give him credit though. Wentz made a couple big throws in thr 4th quarter today.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chris78 said:

I'm happy but my guess is Sam Howell/ Heineke is in there at some point. Wentz makes way to many bone headed decisions. 

I'll give him credit though. Wentz made a couple big throws in thr 4th quarter today.

If Wentz isn’t in there Washington loses that game. Did he make 2 bad decisions yep, and did he over throw a few gimme passes yes, but Neither Heineke or Howell are making the throws he did to win it at the end. And Dotson making that grab is awesome, besides McLaurin we have nobody that can make catches like that. I’m not some big Wents apologist or fan but I don’t get the hate thrown his way. Is he Mahomes or Herbert or Rodgers no but he can be a top 12-15 qb. Washington fans should be more mad at the play calling today. The amount of screens in the middle of the game were ridiculous and easily read by the Jax defense.

1 hour ago, WxUSAF said:

Orioles offense is just disastrous right now. Glad the Ravens offense woke up from their first 25 minutes of disastrous offense.

Orioles aren't quite there yet. Getting close though. 

Ravens starters had their preseason today. The offense needs a few key players back to get right- namely a certain RB and a LT.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CAPE said:

Lol this Cin-Pit game. Kinda comical, the kicking game for both teams pretty bad. Burrow has thrown 4 picks. 2 min left in OT. Hoping for a tie.

bengals lost their long snapper to a biceps injury after halftime, that's what happened to the kicking game. they couldn't get it snapped right after that. the rest of it was not great for other reasons. still, should have won even after committing 5 turnovers. weird game. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chris78 said:

I think what you saw was due to limited preseason playing time. There was a lot of QB play today that shows the rust. 

• Like 1

The thing with Wentz IMO are the leadership issues (which we haven't necessarily seen yet in Washington) and the fact that he does not take care of the football. He's talented, sure. He'll make plays, absolutely. But turnovers are killer and if you do that kind of thing against better teams you lose by 20. 

Go all in on a high end QB. There are good skill players on that offense. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 5-4-3DP said:

If Wentz isn’t in there Washington loses that game. Did he make 2 bad decisions yep, and did he over throw a few gimme passes yes, but Neither Heineke or Howell are making the throws he did to win it at the end. And Dotson making that grab is awesome, besides McLaurin we have nobody that can make catches like that. I’m not some big Wents apologist or fan but I don’t get the hate thrown his way. Is he Mahomes or Herbert or Rodgers no but he can be a top 12-15 qb. Washington fans should be more mad at the play calling today. The amount of screens in the middle of the game were ridiculous and easily read by the Jax defense.

I agree the play calling was questionable in the second and 3rd quarters but both interceptions were bad decisions. He stared down his receiver the entire way on the out pattern and have no clue what he was doing with the screen pass. 

They will need better QB play than that if they want to compete for a playoff spot.

Your right he does have the physical tools to be a top half of the league QB but does he have what's needed upstairs to be a top QB?

What we saw today was a microcosm of the past few years with him.

I hope he balls out and leads them to an NFC East title and playoff run.

Time will tell.

32 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

The thing with Wentz IMO are the leadership issues (which we haven't necessarily seen yet in Washington) and the fact that he does not take care of the football. He's talented, sure. He'll make plays, absolutely. But turnovers are killer and if you do that kind of thing against better teams you lose by 20. 

Go all in on a high end QB. There are good skill players on that offense. 

Looks like Samuel is finally healthy.

Dotson,Samuel and McLaurin look formidable. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Maestrobjwa said:

.......   *Let the record show I made a positive contribution

Oh great. Now everyone will want to make a positive contribution, and there will be no more negativity on the site. No more snide remarks, cynicism, pessimism, nor sneering disbelief. The power of positive thinking will reign. Peace will break out everywhere.
We'll be ruined. 
Ruined, I tell ya.

(BTW Maestro; I did read and enjoy the link. Never seen MM before. Wonder if he'll make a winter outlook.)

• Haha 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic