Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
September 2022 General Discussion

Hoosier

On 9/26/2022 at 9:14 PM, Torchageddon said:

I haven't felt the onset of SAD yet, but another 1 or 2 days of this I might. I've actually gotten a jolt to the noggin from the change of seasons which temporary gives me more energy, motivation, and ideas even during the first snowfall.

This is perhaps the rainiest non-storm day of the year - at least 28 mm or 1.1 inches so far. I got up to a rate of 3mm/h or .12 in/h . The historic rain event of last Sep a year and a few days ago I recall a rate of 5.5mm at one point like a t-storm downpour. As my hourly showed I'm getting brief heavy rain spells. Meager sunlight and rainbows this morning with the ominous darkness to the north at the beginning of this rain storm.

Snowfall helps me, and I don't think it's just the weenie factor.  All that reflected white light adds a lot of light.  I just really don't care for solid overcast tacked on to the rapidly shortening days.  It's a shock after such a sunny summer.

I remember those kinds of rains in the PAC NW when the Pineapple Express got going in October/November.  Near the mountains it can rain 0.25-0.5" per hour for 12+ hours.

• Like 1

Its was overcast and dark for the 6th day in a row here, I felt cold as well moreso than before. This has been a remarkably horrible stretch of weather that will be remembered/reviled. It was suppose to break up mid-day but not a second of sun appeared. I've been around 11C/52F for 96 hours but its dropped a few degrees. Heat is coming on reguarly as if its winter :unsure:

16 minutes ago, Torchageddon said:

Its was overcast and dark for the 6th day in a row here, I felt cold as well moreso than before. This has been a remarkably horrible stretch of weather that will be remembered/reviled. It was suppose to break up mid-day but not a second of sun appeared. I've been around 11C/52F for 96 hours but its dropped a few degrees. Heat is coming on reguarly as if its winter :unsure:

I haven't turned my heat on yet but may eventually haha. This ugly upper level low has kept all of us in the low to mid teens since the weekend. Some of the hi-res models had lows in the low single digits tonight but with the thick cloud cover in place right now, that seems unlikely. 

Early next week looks nice though. B)

• Like 1